Zone Alarm Pro - I don't want web filtering!

Last response: in Networking
a b 8 Security
May 3, 2004 2:24:07 PM

Is there a way to totally disable the web filtering? It slows down my
surfing, even when it's turned off. I have the filtering turned off,
and the timeout set for 1 second (the minimum). The help file says
it'll still try to obtain a rating even if it's disabled, so that must
be why there's a delay in loading pages. I turned off Zone Alarm
completely, and there was a big speed increase in loading pages.

I uninstalled ZA with Web Filtering, and downloaded Zone Alarm Pro
from their site, thinking it was free of the filtering, but it's still
there!
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 3, 2004 7:45:28 PM

Taking a moment's reflection, The Bean mused:

| I uninstalled ZA with Web Filtering, and downloaded Zone Alarm Pro
| from their site, thinking it was free of the filtering, but it's still
| there!

I believe the filtering is an option that is activated by your license.
I run ZA Plus, so I cannot really say. But, I think there are Pro versions
with and without Web Filtering. When your purchase the option (or not), the
"on" switch is put in your activation license. It would make sense that Web
Filtering is present in the demo. I would recommend going to ZoneLabs'
forums, and posting there:

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs
!