HP All-in-one printer won't unload photos from card

I just bought an HP All-in-one printer/scanner/copier the PSC 2355.
When I insert my compactflash card into the printer's card reader, the
printer reads all the photos just fine but will not transfer the photos
to the computer.

I have spent 5 hours on the phone with HP in the last 3 days and they
tell me it's because *sometimes* the HP software isn't compatible with
Windows XP Service Pack 2.

The transfer file/program hangs up during initialization and then I get
the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (title bar in error window)

C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqPHUNL.exe

Abnormal Program Termination

I just can't believe that HP would have printer driver/software that's
incompatible with XP SP2. Why would they tell me that? Can anyone
help me? It can't possibly be just me with this problem - HP sells a
lot of printers!

TIA!!! :)

--
Amber1106
1 answer Last reply

    Right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the next screen, select
    Disk Management. The card reader on the printer should show up as a
    Removable Drive on the right hand side of the Screen. If it does, check it
    has been assigned a Drive Letter.

    Once it's got a Drive Letter, open Windows Explorer, navigate to the
    Removable Drive and copy the files out in the usual way.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Amber1106" <Amber1106.1qfp1t@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I just bought an HP All-in-one printer/scanner/copier the PSC 2355.
    > When I insert my compactflash card into the printer's card reader, the
    > printer reads all the photos just fine but will not transfer the photos
    > to the computer.
    >
    > I have spent 5 hours on the phone with HP in the last 3 days and they
    > tell me it's because *sometimes* the HP software isn't compatible with
    > Windows XP Service Pack 2.
    >
    > The transfer file/program hangs up during initialization and then I get
    > the following error:
    >
    > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (title bar in error window)
    >
    > C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqPHUNL.exe
    >
    > Abnormal Program Termination
    >
    > I just can't believe that HP would have printer driver/software that's
    > incompatible with XP SP2. Why would they tell me that? Can anyone
    > help me? It can't possibly be just me with this problem - HP sells a
    > lot of printers!
    >
    > TIA!!! :)
    >

    > --
    > Amber1106