HP All-in-one printer won't unload photos from card

June 11, 2005 4:35:18 AM

I just bought an HP All-in-one printer/scanner/copier the PSC 2355.
When I insert my compactflash card into the printer's card reader, the
printer reads all the photos just fine but will not transfer the photos
to the computer.

I have spent 5 hours on the phone with HP in the last 3 days and they
tell me it's because *sometimes* the HP software isn't compatible with
Windows XP Service Pack 2.

The transfer file/program hangs up during initialization and then I get
the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (title bar in error window)

C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqPHUNL.exe

Abnormal Program Termination

I just can't believe that HP would have printer driver/software that's
incompatible with XP SP2. Why would they tell me that? Can anyone
help me? It can't possibly be just me with this problem - HP sells a
lot of printers!

TIA!!! :)

--
Amber1106
Anonymous

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. On the next screen, select
Disk Management. The card reader on the printer should show up as a
Removable Drive on the right hand side of the Screen. If it does, check it
has been assigned a Drive Letter.

Once it's got a Drive Letter, open Windows Explorer, navigate to the
Removable Drive and copy the files out in the usual way.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

!