XP Home: sp 2, can not locate fax console in accessories: ..

June 11, 2005 12:38:11 PM

i adjusted NAV 2005 to hopefully use fax, unchecking default trojan
horse....

installed fax from control panel several times...

but in accessories there is no fax console, only hyperterminal

yet, when i use wordperfect, i can access MS fax services.

then i get a message there is no dial tone
when i know that a live telephone line is connected to modem link.

please help.

robert
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 12:38:12 PM

Hi, iam from sweden, and i wunder if some one can help me

--
helpless

"Robert J. Lafayette" wrote:

> i adjusted NAV 2005 to hopefully use fax, unchecking default trojan
> horse....
>
> installed fax from control panel several times...
>
> but in accessories there is no fax console, only hyperterminal
>
> yet, when i use wordperfect, i can access MS fax services.
>
> then i get a message there is no dial tone
> when i know that a live telephone line is connected to modem link.
>
> please help.
>
> robert

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 12:38:12 PM

Start at the beginning. Are you using an analog fax modem from the Windows
XP HCL list?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Robert J. Lafayette" <xyz1234@msn.invalid> wrote in message
>i adjusted NAV 2005 to hopefully use fax, unchecking default trojan
>horse....
>
> installed fax from control panel several times...
>
> but in accessories there is no fax console, only hyperterminal
>
> yet, when i use wordperfect, i can access MS fax services.
>
> then i get a message there is no dial tone
> when i know that a live telephone line is connected to modem link.
>
> please help.
>
> robert

Related resources
June 11, 2005 1:46:11 PM

cattie,
I suggest you start a new thread not reply to another on a different
subject.
You also need to give info about your printer make/model.
Also check the manufacturer's web site FAQ's or help section.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"cattie" <ankeborg> wrote in message
> Hi, iam from sweden, and i wunder if some one can help me
>
> --
> helpless
>

> "Robert J. Lafayette" wrote:
>
>> i adjusted NAV 2005 to hopefully use fax, unchecking default trojan
>> horse....
>>
>> installed fax from control panel several times...
>>
>> but in accessories there is no fax console, only hyperterminal
>>
>> yet, when i use wordperfect, i can access MS fax services.
>>
>> then i get a message there is no dial tone
>> when i know that a live telephone line is connected to modem link.
>>
>> please help.
>>
>> robert

Anonymous
June 14, 2005 8:44:01 PM

using the windows fax. I think it is an analog fax...

but did locate fax in accessories, I had erred and have several accessory
folders.

!