Print server with XP x64 as client

I'm thinking to use a W2K machine as a print server for a WinXP x64 client.
But, when using a print server, does the printer driver still need to be
installed on the client?

The printer does not have drivers for WinXP x64, but does have a driver for
W2K.

Thanks

You need to have drivers for both Server and Client.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging