Sign in with
Your question

BF3 Crash Troubleshooting... Tried everthing. Any ideas?

Last response: in Video Games
September 22, 2012 3:08:57 AM

Okay so i have been playing BF3 for a while now without problems and recently decided to re-install windows. After installing windows i made sure c++ redis was up to date and so is .net 4... im running nvidia 306.23 drivers (same as before).

My hardware drivers are all up to date as well, and my hardware is as followed...

I7 3770K (OC to 4.5g)
Asus Z77 sabertooth mobo
Corsair Vengeance 1600mh (8g)
Corsair Force 3 120g SSD
Corsair TX850 psu
eVga GTX680 SC (not overclocked atm, but was when things where running ok)

No driver conflicts that im aware of, no BSOD, Good temps all round and plenty of power.

When i was playin b4 the re-install of windows, battlelog would fire up firefox and the game would run as it should no worries. But now it makes firefox crash straight up, but if i open firefox first it will work.. Once i try joining a server\game it seems to load up as per normal, then the screen goes black and an opaque mouse pointer appears in the middle of the screen and it crashes right there. I have to CTR+ALT+DEL to get back to desktop where i get the message Battlefield 3 has stopped working and it shut down the app.

I have borderland 2 which is working fine too.

Why would BF3 be doing this now? Also i forgot to mention that im a premium member and have all expansion packs installed as well.

I have read alot of forum threads and tried alot of stuff that isn't working.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
September 22, 2012 4:18:36 AM

OK i solved my own problem =) The problem was with some BIOS settings (not sure which ones) it may have had something to do with Virtual MVP i think. I reset Bios defaults and rebooted without OC and it all worked fine with MVP disabled. Any input on this would be great as i would like to run MVP if possible.
m
l
November 18, 2012 3:15:24 PM

I had experienced the crash to desktop along with another friend of mine but found our fix by utilizing Teamspeak3 instead of BATTLELOG voice chat.

TheMutt06

System Specs:

AMD FX-8150 3.6GHz (4.2GHz Turbo Speed) 8 Core Processor
ASROCK 970 Extreme4 Motherboard
32GIG Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 (4 x 8GIG) System Memory
240GIG OCZ Vertex 3 SSD storage
EVGA GeForce GTX 670 SC+ 4096MB DDR5 PCIe 3.0 x 16 Video Card
BR-RW Combo Drive
DVD-RW Combo Drive
OCZ 750W Power Supply

26" VIZIO 1080P LED TV/Monitor
m