OK so how do you play Battlefield 3 multiplayer? What's goin on?..

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Just got the game...I'm very, very new to multiplayer shooters...So..what's goin on? I choose a 'quick match' and then what? i'm thrown in with my squad who are all green right? Then there's my other squad who's blue? (i thought they were the enemy at first! oops!) (what's the blue team's job btw?) ..Then i figured out the bad geeza's are in orange...ok...So then i think we were on a 'defend the base' mission. There were these two A and B control points. My point is... I managed 1 kill with a crappy weapon and I'm just looking for some guidance on how to play it! Cheers!

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Thanks! Yeah I need to figure out what's the best game type to start off with for a noob. Any suggestions? I had very quick 10 min go at conquest and apart from the obvious people in planes/helicopters I was running around and couldn't find anyone to shoot! lol. I believe there were 60 players too..Do you just head for the orange zones and fight it out there to gain control?

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Hmm, advice for beginers. Pick a class that could help your squad, no point in having a team full of medics if you need to defuse the bomb. Spawn on your squad, follow them and watch what they do. Hang back and provide support, don't leap out from cover spraying and praying, it almost never works, and you'll get hosed. Play on servers that have FF turned off to start with so you don't end up blowing away all your teammates. Spend time in empty servers learning the maps. Spend time in populated servers learning choke points. If you leap into a tank, jeep, or helo, check to see if any on your team need a lift, nothing annoys people more than spawning at base only to watch the last jeep or helo take off with only 1 idiot in it leaving them stranded miles from the action. Spot your enemies often, even if they get you, at least your team will know where they are.
Good luck and good fragging.

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Wow thanks a lot...So are you talking about Conquest style games then? I'll give it a shot.