I had it with the mouse, Anyone use a Light Gun for PC ?

First time I've seen it. Too bad it's not wireless - the dual cables look like they'd get in the way and maybe make it a bit heavy to hold for hours at a time in case you're on an extended mission. And it doesn't look like the front grip is moveable to the other side for lefties. But depending on how much gold they want for it, might be worth a try :).

XFPS_Storm%20light%20gun.4.jpg

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
I don't see the point of this at all.

It's just a controller in the shape of a pistol. That's it. You don't AIM THE GUN, so what's the point? You're still using an on-screen weapon to aim.

This reminds me of that little gun-shaped device that sits on a pod on your desk somebody posted a few months ago. You don't even aim it at the screen.....do people just like to FEEL like they're holding a gun even though they aren't even aiming it, or something? I don't get it.

Don't have one so I dunno for sure, but it looks like the light sensor picks up where it is being aimed on screen, and the on-screen gun sight moves to match. So it controls the on-screen gun and is probably more natural than using a mouse (or joystick or trackball or whatever :p) to aim.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

As far as I know, it uses motion sensing IR technology - - the gun doesn't interact with your screen. You put a sensor on top of your monitor that judges the motion of the controller.

The problem I have here is, you're going to have to aim your on-screen gun for accuracy.....not this controller. That is where, IMO, these types of ideas really fail. This actually seems very unnatural to me......so if you actually look down the sights on this controller / weapon, you're going to be looking down, what...two sets of sights? It just seems very convoluted to me.

It seems to me that the game itself would need to be designed around the concept of using an actual "weapon" controller.

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
ahhhh no aiming or shooting?

Bang Bang. :fou:
Is there an input accessory for the PC that has aiming and shooting?

I have been looking but I am unable to find it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.
WHy why god.

I need a gun to shoot ahhhhh. :cry:

Hafta go watch the video again, but if that is the case then I agree not worth the money, plus I hate cables dangling all over the place.