Event ID: 7023
Date: 08/06/2005
Time: 08:54:50
User: N/A
Computer: HEY085
The Print Spooler service terminated with the following error:
The access code is invalid.
3 answers Last reply
More about print spool stoping

    Nearly always a sign of corrupted printer drivers. I'd advice uninstalling
    on all the PCs and Server... since you probably won't be able to find out
    which one is corrupted, but start at the Server.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Colin Pyne" <ColinPyne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > RANDOMLY IT SEEMS THAT THE SPOOL SERVICE STOPS ON MOST COMPUTERS IN THE
    > DOMAIN BOTH XP AND 2K, THE ERROR IS PASTED BELOW. ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATE.
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 7023
    > Date: 08/06/2005
    > Time: 08:54:50
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: HEY085
    > The Print Spooler service terminated with the following error:
    > The access code is invalid.

    Hello,

    If the one/all print drivers are corrupt on the server wouldn't the problem
    (print spooler stopping) be evident on all user PC's? We only have the
    problem on a handfull of users and have re-loaded the drivers on the local
    PCs but not yet on the server.

    Thanks.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Nearly always a sign of corrupted printer drivers. I'd advice uninstalling
    > on all the PCs and Server... since you probably won't be able to find out
    > which one is corrupted, but start at the Server.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Colin Pyne" <ColinPyne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > RANDOMLY IT SEEMS THAT THE SPOOL SERVICE STOPS ON MOST COMPUTERS IN THE
    > > DOMAIN BOTH XP AND 2K, THE ERROR IS PASTED BELOW. ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATE.
    > >
    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 7023
    > > Date: 08/06/2005
    > > Time: 08:54:50
    > > User: N/A
    > > Computer: HEY085
    > > The Print Spooler service terminated with the following error:
    > > The access code is invalid.

    FYI - Turns out the problem is NetSupport Manager (remote PC access software)
    - someone else reported the same issue with PC DUO - removed the
    \netsup~1\client32.exe form services and I have a happy print spooler again.

    "Dr Bombay" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > If the one/all print drivers are corrupt on the server wouldn't the problem
    > (print spooler stopping) be evident on all user PC's? We only have the
    > problem on a handfull of users and have re-loaded the drivers on the local
    > PCs but not yet on the server.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    > > Nearly always a sign of corrupted printer drivers. I'd advice uninstalling
    > > on all the PCs and Server... since you probably won't be able to find out
    > > which one is corrupted, but start at the Server.
    > > --
    > > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > > Printing & Imaging
    > >

    > > "Colin Pyne" <ColinPyne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > RANDOMLY IT SEEMS THAT THE SPOOL SERVICE STOPS ON MOST COMPUTERS IN THE
    > > > DOMAIN BOTH XP AND 2K, THE ERROR IS PASTED BELOW. ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATE.
    > > >
    > > > Event Type: Error
    > > > Event Source: Service Control Manager
    > > > Event Category: None
    > > > Event ID: 7023
    > > > Date: 08/06/2005
    > > > Time: 08:54:50
    > > > User: N/A
    > > > Computer: HEY085
    > > > The Print Spooler service terminated with the following error:
    > > > The access code is invalid.

Windows XP