!!!FAIR!!! -HSF- reviews WHERE ARE YOU ????????

aaaagh

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
All this looking & no finding makes Jonny a dull boy!
Az you can tell im getting fairly mad over here.
Why you ask, why? (ok not you!)
For all this unjustes in the world!

Now i have gone through every single HSF review on the internet! You think im joking? OK i am, but that has nothing to do with the point!

Not one! not a single one! Not even by a freak accident has any of them ben fair!

Oh sure, they make realistic platforms. They make a hole here, one there and put the thermometer where no man has gone before. Hell some of them even use fasers and lasers and give you the temperature with seven digits. But i ask you again, where is the justes?

One of them has a 7000rpm Delta fan with 80cfm & 52dB on it. And what do you know, it wins! "It is the best thing out there! Everone shuld get one!" The other has a 1500rpm Papst fan with 19cfm & 12dB attached to it. "Well its not for the common user. Its for underclockers!"

Are they stupid or maby they think we are stupid? Or maby both! Or maby they think that we think that they are not stupid! or maby they think that they know that we think that they might not think that we are not stupid! Or something like that! Or not!

Why not separate the heatsink part of the review from the fan part. I mean almost all of the good ones are also sold without the fan. Even those that are not, you can replace the fan yourself according to you need.

So why not just a little fairness in this insignificant corner of this unfair world? Why not test all of them under qual circumstances?

Maby i want to use my Swiftch with a Papst 12dB fan. Maby i want to use my PAL8045 with an Enermax adjustable fan. Maby i already have a Taisol and dont want to spend more then 5$ on just a Delta fan. Maby i want to attach my vacuum cleaner to my computer.

I do understand that they test them with the fan already attached to them when its a individual review or a simple duel or something. But when there are 40+ HSF's with 35+ diffrent fans, how do you expect people to really compare the quality and efficiency of them fairly?

Is a Thermalright SK-6 realy better then the GlobalWin CBK58? Is the Akasa Silver Mountain realy better then the Thermaltake Volcano7+? Or is it all a matter of fan rpm cfm and efficiency?

What I would like to see in those 30+ HSF reviews is that they would test all of them with a 20 and a ~35 and a 50+ cfm/dB fan!

That way you can realy see if one HS is better then the other or not. And you can even see if the fan to a specific one can be changed to a more quite one and still be sufficient. Or changed to a more quite one and still be better. Or changed to a stronger fan and be the best. So you can choose HS & fan acording to your needs.

And please put it all in the same graf and make use of those colors. And for god sake do it before i kill myself!

I just gave upp the hope of findig one. Anyone has a link to such a review? ;)

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
If you are really upset about it maybe you and I should start doing our own reviews. All we need are some sponsors, a URL, a server, and the equipment and we could do it all ourselves. Non-biased and brutally honest. Kind of like this site back when it was a pure scource of knowledge and less fluff.

Anyone near Buffalo NY USA that wants to do it?

<b>"If I melt dry ice in a bathtub, can I take a bath without getting wet?" - Steven Wright</b>

Scotty35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
Well I dunno if this is fair as you are looking for but have a look. <A HREF="http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm" target="_new">http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm</A> It is an Australian site too, Dan does try different fans as well.
It is usually where I go, whatever.

<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/index.php" target="_new">A better place to be</A> :wink:

aaaagh

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
I realy am and i do like your "do it ourselfs" attitude.
But the problem is that i live in the North Pole (no i dont know Santa (not personaly ;)) and that makes it quite difficult.

But if you are serious and started something, being a physicist, i could help you with some theoretical stuf and ideas and remarks ...

All the luck to you!