HP LaserJet 5L overlapping type, grey smearing & broken-up..

Tags:
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Laserjet
  • Windows XP
June 15, 2005 6:21:02 AM

I have a HP LaserJet 5L with windows xp sp2. A problem has developed when I
try to print, the text is overlapping and therefore illegible, and any
graphics or larger text is either broken-up or smears to grey from left to
right. I have tried reinstalling printer, changing port settings, and
printing from different applications but it happens each time. I have also
tried printing from an older computer running Windows 98 se and everything
works fine then. I would be extremely grateful for any help. Thanks.

More about : laserjet overlapping type grey smearing broken

June 15, 2005 1:23:05 PM

Under your printer properties, click Services and try printing a Test Page.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

!