Optimal FPS?

ChaseCTech

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I have done research on frame rates already, so I know what I'm talking about.

- Vsauce said at least 15 fps is enough for the brain to register a video instead of jittery pictures

- Thomas Edison said that less than 46 fps will strain the human eye

- Vsauce says that a very high frame rate on large 3D HDTVs (like 1000 fps) can give you headaches because your TV is showing so many pictures with such good details that it hurts your brain, so TV manufacturers have to add motion blur to the video to save your head from a headache

How can I find the perfect framerate that allows me to see motion blur, but not jittery images?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU HELPED! :D :D :D

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
Uhh whatever you like best I guess.. Its not that hard. Just monitor fps on a game and see what you like.
For me I prefer not to see under 55fps on shooters and not under 40 on rpgs. but some people can handle 30 on shooters its just a matter of what you like really.

bryanhoppe

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013

Keep in mind that frame rates on film vs frame rates on digital animation are not the samething.

Film has blurring effects which means that less FPS are needed to generate smooth frame transitions. Digital frame rendering in game aren't blurred and require more FPS to generate the same smooth transitions.

Realistic motion blurring are included in some games now to look more fluid like film.

Film/tv is typical 24fps. (digital is completely different). Tv flickering is on TUBE tvs, lcd monitors/tv do not 'flicker'. and no tv or monitor can do 1,000fps. It cannot 'draw' that fast. It's usually based on the hz of the monitor/tv. like 60hz - about 60 fps. Video pausing, is fps dropping below 30. Some don't notice until under 20fps.