print job wont delete

a print job that has finished printing wont delete thereby preventing any
other job from printing. I have tried manually deleting several ways
3 answers Last reply
More about print wont delete

    A simpler and faster way than rebooting in Safe Mode is:
    Start>Run>type NET STOP SPOOLER and click OK.
    You can start it again by typing NET START SPOOLER
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >a print job that has finished printing wont delete thereby
    >preventing any
    > other job from printing. I have tried manually deleting several
    > ways

    If you start Windows XP in the Safe Mode, you will be able to delete
    the print job since the spooler will not be running.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

    This thread exactly describes my situation. HP OfficeJet 4215xi All-In-One
    is connected to Computer #1, running Windows XP SP2. The printer is shared
    on a local network and Computer #2 sent a bad print job to the printer. I
    can't delete the job -- Computer #2 doesn't even see it, and on Computer #1
    the Printer Queue says "Deleting" but the job stays listed. It never times
    out (at least not within 48 hours!), and rebooting the printer and/or
    Computer #1 and/or Computer #2 doesn't help. I tried Byte's suggestion to
    stop the spooler; when the spooler is stopped, "Cancel All Documents" does
    nothing (the Status Bar says "Error processing command"), and when the
    spooler is restarted the job is still there. Any suggestions?

Fax Microsoft Windows XP