print job wont delete

Adam

a print job that has finished printing wont delete thereby preventing any
other job from printing. I have tried manually deleting several ways

Byte

A simpler and faster way than rebooting in Safe Mode is:
Start>Run>type NET STOP SPOOLER and click OK.
You can start it again by typing NET START SPOOLER
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>a print job that has finished printing wont delete thereby
>preventing any
> other job from printing. I have tried manually deleting several
> ways

If you start Windows XP in the Safe Mode, you will be able to delete
the print job since the spooler will not be running.

--
Earl F. Parrish

This thread exactly describes my situation. HP OfficeJet 4215xi All-In-One
is connected to Computer #1, running Windows XP SP2. The printer is shared
on a local network and Computer #2 sent a bad print job to the printer. I
can't delete the job -- Computer #2 doesn't even see it, and on Computer #1
the Printer Queue says "Deleting" but the job stays listed. It never times
out (at least not within 48 hours!), and rebooting the printer and/or
Computer #1 and/or Computer #2 doesn't help. I tried Byte's suggestion to
stop the spooler; when the spooler is stopped, "Cancel All Documents" does
nothing (the Status Bar says "Error processing command"), and when the
spooler is restarted the job is still there. Any suggestions?