Printer not being picked up..

Hi,

My XP SP2 is not detecting any new printer attached. Both parallel and USB
ports are not being detected. When I connect the printer and reboot, its
like nothing at all has happened. The PC sits there finished booting, calm
and quiet. They were being detected and installed some time ago. I suspect
it might be a window corruption.. or some registry problem. Is there any way
to refresh the windows registery so that it will start picking up printers
again? Other devices like memory stick, external hard disk etc. are being
picked up and working fine with USB.

Thanks,

Farhan

You shouldn't have to reboot....