VX7000 - Digital VS 9900 Tri - AC1

Last response: in Network Providers
April 7, 2005 12:51:27 AM

I have not visited the groups in a while so I apologize if these
questions have already been asked.

I have an audiovox 9900 tri-mode phone w/ two problems. First problem
is that sometimes the mute/menu buttons do not work in a call (No
Biggie), they can here me flush. This is at random of course!

The other issue is NO GET IT NOW! I am on my third phone with no access
to get it now. I click get it now and all I see is a gray screen.
I know its a software issue, but how to fix it is the problem?
If audiovox and verizon can't even fix a software issue on a refurb
phone what the heck! GIN wouldn't be an issue if I could transfer
ringers to the phone somehow.

Verizon replaced the 9900 with VX-7000 which is nice. Oh BTW it was a
free phone with no contract changes or anything at all and got to keep
the semi-working 9900.

Pro's about the vx-7000 is I can transfer ringers and pictures via data
cable with DataPilot. Over all its not bad at all. Not sure if I like
the ALL Digital phone. We have parts of OHIO that seem to only work in
analog. I still like the 9900 over the 7000 and my old 9500 over both.
Does anyone have an old 9500 for sale?

The 7000 is my first experince with an all digital phone. Should a
concern exist when traveling along highways? I have a trip planned from
akron, oh via I-80 West to I-29 North and arriving in brookings, SD.
Do I need travel on the safe side and re-activate the 9900 Tri-Mode or
will an all digital do the trick? Verizon has said that all digital is
the wave of the future and that analog is going out of style in the next
year. I have not changed contracts in almost a year. I still have MOU
and PRL 50284 which seems to indicate AC1 w/ roam options.

On the 9900 / 9500 if you had a headset that worked with a samsung you
could use the on/off button to answer / hangup / voice dial. Does such
a headset exist for the vx7000? I know the current headset will dial
last called # or hangup but thats it.

Has anyone ever been succesful in transfering photos/ringers via data
cable on the 9900? I've tried QPST / GAGIN and neither work with the
phone.

Thanks
Dan

--
E-Mail Address:

[a - k - r - o - n - c - h - u - m] [a t] [m s n [dot][com]

Remove the [], -
Change
[at] = @
[dot] = .
(Feel free to add the below to *your* sig. All laws mentioned have been
Verified.)
Legal Warning: Anyone sending me unsolicited/commercial email WILL be
charged a
$100 proof-reading fee. I WILL take legal action. Consider this an
official notice:
"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec. 227(b)(1)(C), it is
unlawful to
send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By Sec.
227(b)(3)(C), a violation
of the aforementioned Section is punishable by action to recover actual
monetary loss,
or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation."
****To reply indicates consent to the above conditions.****
April 7, 2005 4:04:13 PM

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:51:27 -0400, Dan Smith wrote:

> I have not visited the groups in a while so I apologize if these
> questions have already been asked.
>
> I have an audiovox 9900 tri-mode phone w/ two problems. First problem
> is that sometimes the mute/menu buttons do not work in a call (No
> Biggie), they can here me flush. This is at random of course!
>
> The other issue is NO GET IT NOW! I am on my third phone with no access
> to get it now. I click get it now and all I see is a gray screen.
> I know its a software issue, but how to fix it is the problem?
> If audiovox and verizon can't even fix a software issue on a refurb
> phone what the heck! GIN wouldn't be an issue if I could transfer
> ringers to the phone somehow.

I had a replacement 9900 that had the same problem. A firmware re-flash by
VZW fixed it. It might fix the soft menu button problem as well, but I
didn't have that problem. It wasn't a big issue with me since I don't use
GIN, but I was thinking of the resale value of the phone.

> SNIP

> The 7000 is my first experince with an all digital phone. Should a
> concern exist when traveling along highways? I have a trip planned from
> akron, oh via I-80 West to I-29 North and arriving in brookings, SD.
> Do I need travel on the safe side and re-activate the 9900 Tri-Mode or
> will an all digital do the trick? Verizon has said that all digital is
> the wave of the future and that analog is going out of style in the next
> year. I have not changed contracts in almost a year. I still have MOU
> and PRL 50284 which seems to indicate AC1 w/ roam options.

Analog will be around for at least several years. I'd check the AC
coverage map for SD.

> Snip

> Has anyone ever been succesful in transfering photos/ringers via data
> cable on the 9900? I've tried QPST / GAGIN and neither work with the
> phone.

Unfortunately none that I know of. I just email my ringers and wallpaper to
my 9900. At $.25 per call it's a lot cheaper than GIN, and no subscription
charges.
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 9:46:35 PM

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:04:13 GMT, CellGuy <cellguy@seemessagebody.com>
wrote:

>I had a replacement 9900 that had the same problem. A firmware re-flash by
>VZW fixed it. It might fix the soft menu button problem as well, but I
>didn't have that problem. It wasn't a big issue with me since I don't use
>GIN, but I was thinking of the resale value of the phone.

Well I've gone to Verizon and nobody has it for download to re-flash.
I thought of that already, but they said contact audiovox. I had this
exact same problem with the 9500 and firmware upgrade.

>Analog will be around for at least several years. I'd check the AC
>coverage map for SD.

The VX-700 does not have analog so taking the 9900 I think is the best
choice.

>> Snip

>Unfortunately none that I know of. I just email my ringers and wallpaper to
>my 9900. At $.25 per call it's a lot cheaper than GIN, and no subscription
>charges.

I know it's been posted before but of course you never read something
or try it until you need too. I know I have to convert midi's to
another format. Do you know how or recommend a place to read up on it
at?

Thanks
Dan
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 5:25:29 AM

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 17:46:35 -0400, D. Smith wrote:

> I know it's been posted before but of course you never read something
> or try it until you need too. I know I have to convert midi's to
> another format. Do you know how or recommend a place to read up on it
> at?

Check out the howardforum.com website. You don't have to convert MID files,
but you do have to rename MP3 files or the 9900 won't recognize them.

Sending the files from Outlook doesn't always work either because Microsoft
does something to file attachments. I use Yahoo mail.
!