Sign in with
Your question

Borderlands 2 gtx580m sli

Last response: in Video Games
September 23, 2012 9:06:10 PM

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] orderlands

^^Same issue as mine^^ Admins please lock this thread [the one you are reading this on]

Hello,

Im tring to solve a framerate issue on my laptop im reading 72 FPS (capped for heat issues) but as soon as there are more than 10 enemies (which happens) my framerate drops to around 20. my laptop SHOULD have no issues like this considering its hardware. Any suggestions?:

Laptop:

Intel Core i7 980x (desktop CPU)
12 GB RAM
2x Nvidia GTX 580m SLI enabled
OS is an SSD (Patriot Wildfire)
Game is on a Hybrid Drive (Seagate Momentus XT)

Any help is greatly appreciated. oh and i have already updated to last nvidia driver (that added BL2 to the SLI profiles list)
a b D Laptop
September 23, 2012 9:46:24 PM

what the hell kinda lappy is it to have 2 580's sli's and a 980x i7
m
l
Related resources
September 24, 2012 1:08:00 AM

looks like a beast laptop, hope its upgradeable. try disabling sli and see if that helps
m
l
September 24, 2012 1:53:05 AM

tjosborne said:
looks like a beast laptop, hope its upgradeable. try disabling sli and see if that helps

didnt help by disabling SLI (kind of confusing why you would do that). And yes it uses MXM cards so they are upgradable even if they are mobile cards (just have to order them through malibal)
m
l
September 24, 2012 1:59:48 AM

its just that newer games sometimes do better with one card until the dev patches game or nvidia releases a new driver, which reminds me, are your drivers up to date? try that next
m
l
September 24, 2012 2:03:06 AM

tjosborne said:
its just that newer games sometimes do better with one card until the dev patches game or nvidia releases a new driver, which reminds me, are your drivers up to date? try that next

updated with the one that was released a couple days ago (actually did that today troubleshooting on my own)

"Any help is greatly appreciated. oh and i have already updated to last nvidia driver (that added BL2 to the SLI profiles list)"
m
l
September 24, 2012 2:10:03 AM

i have no clue beyond that. good luck, hope you get it figured out.
m
l
a b D Laptop
September 24, 2012 10:21:41 AM

Check CPU usage. My friend has an issue that PhysX for some reason runs off CPU on that game, and it makes his CPU max out, and FPS to hover around 20.
m
l
September 24, 2012 10:39:15 AM

Sunius said:
Check CPU usage. My friend has an issue that PhysX for some reason runs off CPU on that game, and it makes his CPU max out, and FPS to hover around 20.

10 % usage steady still having pretty bad fps drops in high traffic, cpu does not spike.
m
l
a b D Laptop
September 24, 2012 10:44:57 AM

What about GPU usage and temps?
m
l
September 24, 2012 10:49:45 AM

Sunius said:
What about GPU usage and temps?

status of those is good...according o the other thread there is a possible coding issue that is causing it. Makes me feel better, didnt think my computer was a bad computer :p 
m
l
!