I can print to the local printers from my workstation fine but when I
make a connection through terminal services using the built in RDP
protocol in XP I can’t print to any of my local printers. I have a HP
printer connected by USB and a network printer I connected using the
printers IP address. Any ideas what’s preventing me from printing to
my local printers while using Terminal Services? The computer I can’t
print from is not in the same network as the server, it’s located at
another office without any VPN to the main office where the server is
located (personally I don’t think this should be a problem) - if you
need any more information about the network let me know.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-ing-Problems-TS-ftopict548891.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1736531

You are unable to print to USB & IP based printers... Only LPT & COM port
based printers. You can get around it by capturing a printer port... that is
it...

See
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/technologies/fileandprint/print/terminalsrvcs.asp

Regards