An unbiassed look at the Cleric OoW spells :p

Minor Muramite Rune (Level 66)
1. Pious Remedy - Higher numbers *yawns*
2. Confidence - When was the last time you used this line?
3. Ward of Valiance - When was the last time you used this line?
4. Shock of Wonder - Higher numbers *yawns*
5. Sun Cloak - When was the last time you used this line?
6. Symbol of Balikor - Higher numbers *yawns*

Lesser Muramite Rune (Level 67)
1. Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
2. Panoply of Vie - Higher numbers *yawns*
3. Sermon of Reproach - When was the last time you used this line?
4. Pious Elixer - Higher numbers *yawns*
5. Blessing of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
6. Conviction - Higher numbers *yawns*

Muramite Rune (Level 68)
1. Sound of Divinity - Higher numbers *yawns*
2. Hammer of Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
3. Pious Light - Higher numbers *yawns*
4. Desolate Undead - Higher numbers *yawns*
5. Unswerving Hammer - Higher numbers *yawns*

Greater Muramite Rune (Level 69)
1. Yaulp VII - Higher numbers *yawns*
2. Mark of the Blameless - Higher numbers *yawns*
3. Word of Vivification - Higher numbers *yawns*
4. Aura of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
5. Calamity - When was the last time you used this line?

Mheldur 66 Cleric,thinking of deleveling
36 answers Last reply
More about unbiassed cleric spells

    <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
    > Minor Muramite Rune (Level 66)
    > 1. Pious Remedy - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 2. Confidence - When was the last time you used this line?

    Never. Mostly pointless line that is beneficial to the cleric only, and in
    only limited situations.

    > 3. Ward of Valiance - When was the last time you used this line?

    Everytime a tank wants the highest hp total possible without sacrificing AC.

    > 4. Shock of Wonder - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 5. Sun Cloak - When was the last time you used this line?

    Doing signets to get into Anguish, let my 3-box team skip large chunks of
    some instances.

    > 6. Symbol of Balikor - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >
    > Lesser Muramite Rune (Level 67)
    > 1. Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 2. Panoply of Vie - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 3. Sermon of Reproach - When was the last time you used this line?

    Clerics don't nuke. Could take all of them away and most wouldn't care.

    > 4. Pious Elixer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 5. Blessing of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 6. Conviction - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >
    > Muramite Rune (Level 68)
    > 1. Sound of Divinity - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 2. Hammer of Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 3. Pious Light - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 4. Desolate Undead - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 5. Unswerving Hammer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >
    > Greater Muramite Rune (Level 69)
    > 1. Yaulp VII - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 2. Mark of the Blameless - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 3. Word of Vivification - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 4. Aura of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 5. Calamity - When was the last time you used this line?
    >

    > Mheldur 66 Cleric,thinking of deleveling

    Where you will have, at various levels:

    1. Lower numbers *yawns*
    2. Lower numbers *yawns*
    3. Lower numbers *yawns*
    4. A nuke that nobody uses.
    5. Lower numbers *yawns*

    Clerics are a fairly one-dimensional class. Playing a cleric at 40 isn't
    very different from playing a cleric at 70. The upshot is that clerics are
    the undisputed most powerful class, partly because they *are* so focused in
    their abilities.

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:09:20 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:

    ><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
    >> Minor Muramite Rune (Level 66)
    >> 1. Pious Remedy - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 2. Confidence - When was the last time you used this line?
    >
    >Never. Mostly pointless line that is beneficial to the cleric only, and in
    >only limited situations.
    >
    >> 3. Ward of Valiance - When was the last time you used this line?
    >
    >Everytime a tank wants the highest hp total possible without sacrificing AC.
    >
    >> 4. Shock of Wonder - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 5. Sun Cloak - When was the last time you used this line?
    >
    >Doing signets to get into Anguish, let my 3-box team skip large chunks of
    >some instances.
    >
    >> 6. Symbol of Balikor - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>
    >> Lesser Muramite Rune (Level 67)
    >> 1. Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 2. Panoply of Vie - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 3. Sermon of Reproach - When was the last time you used this line?
    >
    >Clerics don't nuke. Could take all of them away and most wouldn't care.
    >
    >> 4. Pious Elixer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 5. Blessing of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 6. Conviction - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>
    >> Muramite Rune (Level 68)
    >> 1. Sound of Divinity - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 2. Hammer of Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 3. Pious Light - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 4. Desolate Undead - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 5. Unswerving Hammer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>
    >> Greater Muramite Rune (Level 69)
    >> 1. Yaulp VII - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 2. Mark of the Blameless - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 3. Word of Vivification - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 4. Aura of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 5. Calamity - When was the last time you used this line?
    >>

    >> Mheldur 66 Cleric,thinking of deleveling
    >
    >Where you will have, at various levels:
    >
    >1. Lower numbers *yawns*
    >2. Lower numbers *yawns*
    >3. Lower numbers *yawns*
    >4. A nuke that nobody uses.
    >5. Lower numbers *yawns*
    >
    >Clerics are a fairly one-dimensional class. Playing a cleric at 40 isn't
    >very different from playing a cleric at 70. The upshot is that clerics are
    >the undisputed most powerful class, partly because they *are* so focused in
    >their abilities.

    It's been many months since I looked at the enchanters spell list but
    it seems to me that it was the same for chanters, any maybe for all
    the classes. All that was happening 66-70 was that my spells were
    being upgraded so they were "level-appropriate". For example, instead
    of mez being capped at 65, I could mez stuff that was level 68. Does
    any class get any startling new abilities in the 66-70 range??

    murdocj wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:09:20 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
    >>Clerics are a fairly one-dimensional class. Playing a cleric at 40 isn't
    >>very different from playing a cleric at 70. The upshot is that clerics are
    >>the undisputed most powerful class, partly because they *are* so focused in
    >>their abilities.
    >

    > It's been many months since I looked at the enchanters spell list but
    > it seems to me that it was the same for chanters, any maybe for all
    > the classes. All that was happening 66-70 was that my spells were
    > being upgraded so they were "level-appropriate". For example, instead
    > of mez being capped at 65, I could mez stuff that was level 68. Does
    > any class get any startling new abilities in the 66-70 range??

    Mine did, but they were in AA's not spells, and badly needed. Clerics
    and chanters needed no power boost (aside from the usual bigger numbers
    with the higher level spells)

    cheers,
    James

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:09:20 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:

    ><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
    >> Minor Muramite Rune (Level 66)
    >> 1. Pious Remedy - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 2. Confidence - When was the last time you used this line?
    >
    >Never. Mostly pointless line that is beneficial to the cleric only, and in
    >only limited situations.

    Thought the non-Aegolism line was mostly for dispelling mobs. That
    way they didn't lose all their benefits in one dispell of Conviction
    or the like.

    >> 3. Ward of Valiance - When was the last time you used this line?
    >
    >Everytime a tank wants the highest hp total possible without sacrificing AC.
    >
    >> 4. Shock of Wonder - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 5. Sun Cloak - When was the last time you used this line?
    >
    >Doing signets to get into Anguish, let my 3-box team skip large chunks of
    >some instances.
    >
    >> 6. Symbol of Balikor - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>
    >> Lesser Muramite Rune (Level 67)
    >> 1. Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 2. Panoply of Vie - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 3. Sermon of Reproach - When was the last time you used this line?
    >
    >Clerics don't nuke. Could take all of them away and most wouldn't care.

    Some do. I've been in groups where there was a druid as well and I
    can tell you that when the druid healed and I went into battle, well,
    I had some decent DPS. At 67, with the latest summoned hammer (even
    against non-undead), haste, and Reproach, I was out damaging the tank
    by a ways.

    Of course if I have no backup healer then yea, I rarely nuke. But
    it's still nice, especially when solo'ing.

    >> 4. Pious Elixer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 5. Blessing of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 6. Conviction - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>
    >> Muramite Rune (Level 68)
    >> 1. Sound of Divinity - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 2. Hammer of Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 3. Pious Light - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 4. Desolate Undead - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 5. Unswerving Hammer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>
    >> Greater Muramite Rune (Level 69)
    >> 1. Yaulp VII - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 2. Mark of the Blameless - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 3. Word of Vivification - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 4. Aura of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 5. Calamity - When was the last time you used this line?
    >>

    >> Mheldur 66 Cleric,thinking of deleveling
    >
    >Where you will have, at various levels:
    >
    >1. Lower numbers *yawns*
    >2. Lower numbers *yawns*
    >3. Lower numbers *yawns*
    >4. A nuke that nobody uses.
    >5. Lower numbers *yawns*
    >
    >Clerics are a fairly one-dimensional class. Playing a cleric at 40 isn't
    >very different from playing a cleric at 70. The upshot is that clerics are
    >the undisputed most powerful class, partly because they *are* so focused in
    >their abilities.

    Their strength lies in keeping others alive to do what they do best.
    But I think clerics are more versatile than most think. If you've
    ever read some of Monual's tales you'll hear about some non-cleric
    like things being done.

    ~F

    In article <kbe7e150rurpnmok84lod5s4c41v3esp25@4ax.com>,
    Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
    >For those who dont know Cleric spells Pious Remedy heals
    >1990 hps(2100 with Cleric bonus?) for 495 mana.
    >Complete heal is 7500 hitpoints for 400 Mana .
    >Crits work on Complete Heal too.
    >Guess you can do the maths yourself,PR is a huge mana waster.

    (1990 + (1990 * (.25 + .28 + .05))) * 2 = 6288.4.

    I still think that's practically a cheal. Even at a
    "base" 3144 it's enough to take the tank from 5% to 30%, or a caster
    to almost full health. And don't forget that mana preservation foci
    work on PR, making the mana cost closer to 420.

    The big win here is the cast time. I find myself chaining
    this in emergencies, and the extra 40 mana doesn't matter so much right
    then. Cheal's great if you *have* 10 seconds :-)

    "the wharf rat" <wrat@panix.com> wrote in message

    > The big win here is the cast time. I find myself chaining
    > this in emergencies, and the extra 40 mana doesn't matter so much right
    > then. Cheal's great if you *have* 10 seconds :-)

    Yep, its not the effiency that matter with Pious, its not having a party
    wipe cos you only use CH.... SoE I believe are trying to phase out the CH
    chains....and replace them with PR chains. Wow.

    -Guess you can do the maths yourself,PR is a huge mana waster-

    As Lief wrote it's not a matter that CH is not godly, but more so that
    your MA will die on certain named if you don't use faster heals. Keep
    in mind that with qvic gear (namely arms) which are generally easy to
    aquire now and the correct healing focus Pious Remedy can be crit for
    7100.

    What would be preferable? Healing your tank for 7kish or not healing
    them at all causing the group to potentially wipe?

    Submitted by: Sweetsong
    This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

    Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
    [snipped list of cleric spells that got upgrades]

    Please list the spells for any class that were original and useful. ALL of
    them were numbers upgrades, or numbers upgrades on unused spell lines.

    Some classes had the added insult that the numbers upgrades weren't even
    upgrades in effectiveness, just a required speedbump upgrade so the spell
    would affect the mobs we're now fighting.

    Enchanters are the ones I know best; previous mez, stun, charm, and pacify
    spells just stopped working (because higher-level mobs became the normal
    targets) until new spells were acquired that do the exact same
    thing on new mobs. Heck, for pacify and charm we had to get new spells just
    to have a nerfed version! And two of our most effective lines got dropped
    entirely until the June 29 patch.

    Imagine if your upgrades were "most of your heal spells don't work on anyone
    over L65, the new versions work the same, but on higher-level targets. Except
    the new CH, which is the last L70 spell for you and now has a 15 second
    cast time and can't crit.

    Complaining that your upgrades were uninteresting makes me feel even worse
    that my upgrades were either zero-grades or nerfs. But then I get over it,
    and realize that I'm still having fun, despite SoE hating me :) When that
    stops, I'll stop playing.

    OTGH, some new AAs WERE interesting and useful, and the July 29 patch added
    two (boring numbers upgrades, but for good spells) important enchanter spells.
    --
    Mark Rafn dagon@dagon.net <http://www.dagon.net/>

    Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in

    > Minor Muramite Rune (Level 66)
    > 1. Pious Remedy - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 2. Confidence - When was the last time you used this line?
    > 3. Ward of Valiance - When was the last time you used this line?
    > 4. Shock of Wonder - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 5. Sun Cloak - When was the last time you used this line?
    > 6. Symbol of Balikor - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >
    > Lesser Muramite Rune (Level 67)
    > 1. Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 2. Panoply of Vie - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 3. Sermon of Reproach - When was the last time you used this line?
    > 4. Pious Elixer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 5. Blessing of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 6. Conviction - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >
    > Muramite Rune (Level 68)
    > 1. Sound of Divinity - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 2. Hammer of Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 3. Pious Light - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 4. Desolate Undead - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 5. Unswerving Hammer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >
    > Greater Muramite Rune (Level 69)
    > 1. Yaulp VII - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 2. Mark of the Blameless - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 3. Word of Vivification - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 4. Aura of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > 5. Calamity - When was the last time you used this line?

    The same is true for most classes, you just get better spells in the same
    lines that you already have spells. As a shaman, I get better heals
    (instant and over time), better buffs, better DoTs, better nukes, better
    debuffs. Nothing terribly exciting, except in that they allow me to hit
    harder zones than I could without them, particularly when soloing.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
    Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

    In article <Xns969E4C4B6F07Brichardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>,
    Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

    >Yeah, and when the tank dies 9 seconds into your CHeal, how do you feel
    >about that? There is plenty of place for fast casting heals in the game.

    What's worse is when he dies 9.9 seconds in :-)

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:20:04 -0500, Sweetsong
    <Sweetsong.1sq67p@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com> wrote:

    >-Guess you can do the maths yourself,PR is a huge mana waster-
    >

    >As Lief wrote it's not a matter that CH is not godly, but more so that
    >your MA will die on certain named if you don't use faster heals. Keep
    >in mind that with qvic gear (namely arms) which are generally easy to
    >aquire now and the correct healing focus Pious Remedy can be crit for
    >7100.
    >
    >What would be preferable? Healing your tank for 7kish or not healing
    >them at all causing the group to potentially wipe?

    But the 400 mana fast heal would do the job too,not to mention the
    HoTs you can throw on the MT before engaging a boss mob.

    Mheldur 66 cleric

    <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:20:04 -0500, Sweetsong
    > <Sweetsong.1sq67p@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com> wrote:
    >

    > >-Guess you can do the maths yourself,PR is a huge mana waster-
    > >

    > >As Lief wrote it's not a matter that CH is not godly, but more so that
    > >your MA will die on certain named if you don't use faster heals. Keep
    > >in mind that with qvic gear (namely arms) which are generally easy to
    > >aquire now and the correct healing focus Pious Remedy can be crit for
    > >7100.
    > >
    > >What would be preferable? Healing your tank for 7kish or not healing
    > >them at all causing the group to potentially wipe?
    >
    > But the 400 mana fast heal would do the job too,not to mention the
    > HoTs you can throw on the MT before engaging a boss mob.

    Never ever put a HoT on a MT before a boss mob unless told to. You *will*
    get bitched out eventually when you block a DI from landing. =)

    In article <gtt9e11ljc4i940gr7iidijnctll3teego@4ax.com>,
    Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
    >But the 400 mana fast heal would do the job too,not to mention the
    >HoTs you can throw on the MT before engaging a boss mob.

    You mean the level 61 (2? whatever) one? It's like 500 points
    less base which is like 800 less after foci etc. That really is enough
    to matter in these situations.

    HOT won't begin to keep up with an unslowed named at this level.
    What I typically see is something like 'Whoops! Add Nasty Noobeater!"
    then me chain casting PR until someone gets the thing slowed and I can
    do my usual HOT/Cheal routine.

    No one uses the 61 spell after they get PR, I mean, I've seen
    raids done using nothing but PR on the MT...

    On 25 Jul 2005 13:24:56 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

    >Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
    >
    >> Minor Muramite Rune (Level 66)
    >> 1. Pious Remedy - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 2. Confidence - When was the last time you used this line?
    >> 3. Ward of Valiance - When was the last time you used this line?
    >> 4. Shock of Wonder - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 5. Sun Cloak - When was the last time you used this line?
    >> 6. Symbol of Balikor - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>
    >> Lesser Muramite Rune (Level 67)
    >> 1. Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 2. Panoply of Vie - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 3. Sermon of Reproach - When was the last time you used this line?
    >> 4. Pious Elixer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 5. Blessing of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 6. Conviction - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>
    >> Muramite Rune (Level 68)
    >> 1. Sound of Divinity - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 2. Hammer of Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 3. Pious Light - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 4. Desolate Undead - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 5. Unswerving Hammer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>
    >> Greater Muramite Rune (Level 69)
    >> 1. Yaulp VII - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 2. Mark of the Blameless - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 3. Word of Vivification - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 4. Aura of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >> 5. Calamity - When was the last time you used this line?
    >>

    >The same is true for most classes, you just get better spells in the same
    >lines that you already have spells. As a shaman, I get better heals
    >(instant and over time), better buffs, better DoTs, better nukes, better
    >debuffs. Nothing terribly exciting, except in that they allow me to hit
    >harder zones than I could without them, particularly when soloing.

    What I say - boooring - worst expansion ever,some lines are even
    worse than their predecessors(Pacify-Harmony line,and only 1 stun
    working on level 70 mobs,where we had 2 stuns working when the
    max level was 65).
    Another terrible effect of all the higher numbers is,that newbies are
    hurt by it much,making it almost impossible to catch up with the older
    players,but I guess SOE wants newbies go to WoW,not EQ. =)

    Mheldur 66 Cleric

    <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
    > On 25 Jul 2005 13:24:56 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    > <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
    > >
    > >> Minor Muramite Rune (Level 66)
    > >> 1. Pious Remedy - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 2. Confidence - When was the last time you used this line?
    > >> 3. Ward of Valiance - When was the last time you used this line?
    > >> 4. Shock of Wonder - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 5. Sun Cloak - When was the last time you used this line?
    > >> 6. Symbol of Balikor - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >>
    > >> Lesser Muramite Rune (Level 67)
    > >> 1. Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 2. Panoply of Vie - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 3. Sermon of Reproach - When was the last time you used this line?
    > >> 4. Pious Elixer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 5. Blessing of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 6. Conviction - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >>
    > >> Muramite Rune (Level 68)
    > >> 1. Sound of Divinity - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 2. Hammer of Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 3. Pious Light - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 4. Desolate Undead - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 5. Unswerving Hammer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >>
    > >> Greater Muramite Rune (Level 69)
    > >> 1. Yaulp VII - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 2. Mark of the Blameless - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 3. Word of Vivification - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 4. Aura of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    > >> 5. Calamity - When was the last time you used this line?
    > >>

    > >The same is true for most classes, you just get better spells in the same
    > >lines that you already have spells. As a shaman, I get better heals
    > >(instant and over time), better buffs, better DoTs, better nukes, better
    > >debuffs. Nothing terribly exciting, except in that they allow me to hit
    > >harder zones than I could without them, particularly when soloing.
    >
    > What I say - boooring - worst expansion ever,some lines are even
    > worse than their predecessors(Pacify-Harmony line,and only 1 stun
    > working on level 70 mobs,where we had 2 stuns working when the
    > max level was 65).

    Sound of Divinity and Shock of Wonder both work up to level 70.

    > Another terrible effect of all the higher numbers is,that newbies are
    > hurt by it much,making it almost impossible to catch up with the older
    > players,but I guess SOE wants newbies go to WoW,not EQ. =)

    It is far, far, *far* easier for newbies to "catch up" with the older
    players now than at any point in Everquest's history after the first week of
    release.

    In article <cdu9e1t4rm8gqhatg54ch598s7espomvrs@4ax.com>,
    Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:

    >What I say - boooring - worst expansion ever,some lines are even
    >worse than their predecessors(Pacify-Harmony line,and only 1 stun
    >working on level 70 mobs,where we had 2 stuns working when the
    >max level was 65).

    I jumped for joy when I got the OOW HOT. Makes my game. But I can
    count the number of times I've had to use placate (70 pacify) since I got
    it. Once, :-) in Trial of Subversion. It worked... Stuns? I sometimes
    use a stun when soloing. I've tried to use them on casters in group
    situations and (just like my nukes) they get resisted so much I stopped
    and went back to sit-stand-heal.

    If SOE really wanted to spice up the cleric's lives they'd add
    a couple of OOW class zones with high level undead mobs. Now *that*
    would be fun.

    >Another terrible effect of all the higher numbers is,that newbies are
    >hurt by it much,making it almost impossible to catch up with the older
    >players

    How so? I mean, how so any more than any other expansion? IMHO
    OOW made it ***much*** easier for new players to catch up, at least if
    they're willing to buy gear in the bazaar or have a few higher level
    friends. All that OOW junk, Veil of Vendor Trash, Gloves of Rejected Loot,
    you know, all that stuff with 100mana/100HP you can buy for 500 plat...

    In article <slrndea0tk.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>,
    Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:

    >Sound of Divinity and Shock of Wonder both work up to level 70.

    If you can call "Your target resisted your Shock of Wonder
    spell! Again!" working :-)

    <wrat@panix.com> wrote:
    > In article <slrndea0tk.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>,
    > Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >Sound of Divinity and Shock of Wonder both work up to level 70.
    > >

    > If you can call "Your target resisted your Shock of Wonder
    > spell! Again!" working :-)

    As someone who has wiped his 3-box team more often due to stuns getting
    resisted and mobs gating than due to all other things combined, I
    sympathize. Still, it "works". =)

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:44:47 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:

    ><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:20:04 -0500, Sweetsong
    >> <Sweetsong.1sq67p@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com> wrote:
    >>

    >> >-Guess you can do the maths yourself,PR is a huge mana waster-
    >> >

    >> >As Lief wrote it's not a matter that CH is not godly, but more so that
    >> >your MA will die on certain named if you don't use faster heals. Keep
    >> >in mind that with qvic gear (namely arms) which are generally easy to
    >> >aquire now and the correct healing focus Pious Remedy can be crit for
    >> >7100.
    >> >
    >> >What would be preferable? Healing your tank for 7kish or not healing
    >> >them at all causing the group to potentially wipe?
    >>
    >> But the 400 mana fast heal would do the job too,not to mention the
    >> HoTs you can throw on the MT before engaging a boss mob.
    >
    >Never ever put a HoT on a MT before a boss mob unless told to. You *will*
    >get bitched out eventually when you block a DI from landing. =)

    Weird,I do it all the time.

    Mheldur 66 Cleric

    <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
    > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:44:47 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
    >
    > ><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:

    > >> But the 400 mana fast heal would do the job too,not to mention the
    > >> HoTs you can throw on the MT before engaging a boss mob.
    > >
    > >Never ever put a HoT on a MT before a boss mob unless told to. You *will*
    > >get bitched out eventually when you block a DI from landing. =)
    >
    > Weird,I do it all the time.
    >
    > Mheldur 66 Cleric

    Just a fair warning. I've seen it happen more than a few times. Hell, I've
    been on both ends of the bitching. =)

    Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote in

    > <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:

    >> >Never ever put a HoT on a MT before a boss mob unless told to. You
    >> >*will* get bitched out eventually when you block a DI from landing.
    >> >=)
    >>
    >> Weird,I do it all the time.
    >>
    >> Mheldur 66 Cleric
    >
    > Just a fair warning. I've seen it happen more than a few times.
    > Hell, I've been on both ends of the bitching. =)

    Do they not stack? Or is it an issue of buff slots? I have never heard
    of this issue either.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
    Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

    <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    > Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote in
    >
    > > <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:

    > >> Weird,I do it all the time.
    > >>
    > >> Mheldur 66 Cleric
    > >
    > > Just a fair warning. I've seen it happen more than a few times.
    > > Hell, I've been on both ends of the bitching. =)
    > >

    > Do they not stack? Or is it an issue of buff slots? I have never heard
    > of this issue either.

    Purely an issue of buff slots. It's actually *more* of an issue at the
    range Mheldur will be playing at, as by the time you're raiding Anguish you
    expect all your tanks to have at least a couple extra buff slots.

    It's not only a matter of DI either. A mob that dispels *and* has an AE
    that must be cured off the MT means that an elixir hitting at the wrong time
    can lead to a domino effect of the MT losing one important buff after
    another.

    > <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    >> Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote in

    >> > Just a fair warning. I've seen it happen more than a few times.
    >> > Hell, I've been on both ends of the bitching. =)
    >> >

    >> Do they not stack? Or is it an issue of buff slots? I have never
    >> heard of this issue either.
    >
    > Purely an issue of buff slots. It's actually *more* of an issue at
    > the range Mheldur will be playing at, as by the time you're raiding
    > Anguish you expect all your tanks to have at least a couple extra buff
    > slots.
    >
    > It's not only a matter of DI either. A mob that dispels *and* has an
    > AE that must be cured off the MT means that an elixir hitting at the
    > wrong time can lead to a domino effect of the MT losing one important
    > buff after another.

    At the moment, the number of dispelling targets we are hitting is
    minimal, and the tank had better have enough open slots for HoTs firing
    during the raid, MGB and otherwise.

    I've also noticed that on the few dispelling ones we have been hitting
    recently, the buff dispelled is much more random now than it used to be,
    for example the dispellers in Tactics on the way to doing RZ/TZ/VZ, they
    no longer take off the top buff, it is now random.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
    Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

    <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    > Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote in
    >
    > > <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    > >> Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote in

    > >> Do they not stack? Or is it an issue of buff slots? I have never
    > >> heard of this issue either.
    > >
    > > Purely an issue of buff slots. It's actually *more* of an issue at
    > > the range Mheldur will be playing at, as by the time you're raiding
    > > Anguish you expect all your tanks to have at least a couple extra buff
    > > slots.
    > >
    > > It's not only a matter of DI either. A mob that dispels *and* has an
    > > AE that must be cured off the MT means that an elixir hitting at the
    > > wrong time can lead to a domino effect of the MT losing one important
    > > buff after another.
    > >

    > At the moment, the number of dispelling targets we are hitting is
    > minimal, and the tank had better have enough open slots for HoTs firing
    > during the raid, MGB and otherwise.

    Another reason, though not as much of an issue, is that a single-target
    elixir will block/overwrite a slightly lesser-powered but *much* longer
    lasting AE HoT.

    > I've also noticed that on the few dispelling ones we have been hitting
    > recently, the buff dispelled is much more random now than it used to be,
    > for example the dispellers in Tactics on the way to doing RZ/TZ/VZ, they
    > no longer take off the top buff, it is now random.

    Starting a derail now...

    You know, that has been said many times over the past *years*, and I still
    keep junk buffs in my top 2 slots and can count the number of times a mob
    dispel has taken an unplanned buff on one hand, versus the thousands and
    thousands of times I've refreshed those top 2 junk buffs after dispels, all
    the way from Guk to Anguish and everything, literally everything, in
    between.

    In article <slrndea9ji.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>, faned@wyld.qx.net says...

    > Starting a derail now...
    >
    > You know, that has been said many times over the past *years*, and I still
    > keep junk buffs in my top 2 slots and can count the number of times a mob
    > dispel has taken an unplanned buff on one hand, versus the thousands and
    > thousands of times I've refreshed those top 2 junk buffs after dispels, all
    > the way from Guk to Anguish and everything, literally everything, in
    > between.

    There has GOT to be some legitimate explanation for the discrepency.
    Because for me its nearly always completely random too.

    I keep junk in my top two slots (clicky atk & damage shield) and mobs
    skip them as often as not. Just randomly punching holes in my buff
    window. If I get hit with a big dispell on a full buff window I'll have
    holes.

    Sooo....

    There are several possibilities:

    1) The mobs you fight use dispels that knock them off the top while the
    ones I fight dispel randomly.

    2) There is some formula that's applied to determine which buff slots
    get stripped, and in your case it invariably chooses the top two.

    a) Perhaps the dispell walks your buff list, and the junk buffs you
    happen to use in the first 2 slots are particularly vulnerable to
    dispells so it never goes deeper...there's a lot of possible
    formulations that could yield something like this.

    b) Perhaps there is a static aspect of your character tied to seeding
    the random number generator... and for you it just always comes up 1
    then 2.

    c) Perhaps there is an issue related to a "resist check" that's based on
    relative level... perhaps when fighting very high con red raid mobs they
    always make the check, so its always your first two. While I fight a lot
    more blues - yellows so my buffs often resist the debuff allowing deeper
    buffs to try (and fail) to resist being dispelled.

    d) Perhaps there is a "resist check" related to, say, Magic resist and
    perhaps you have very high MR so all your buffs make the resist check as
    it walks your buff list. And then if it reaches the end of the buff list
    and still owes you a dispell it just takes the first ones.

    I don't know... but I can state unequivically that I cannot rely on
    buffs being dropped out of MY top slots at all. They get left behind as
    often as not.

    <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
    > In article <slrndea9ji.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>, faned@wyld.qx.net says...
    >

    > > Starting a derail now...
    > >
    > > You know, that has been said many times over the past *years*, and I still
    > > keep junk buffs in my top 2 slots and can count the number of times a mob
    > > dispel has taken an unplanned buff on one hand, versus the thousands and
    > > thousands of times I've refreshed those top 2 junk buffs after dispels, all
    > > the way from Guk to Anguish and everything, literally everything, in
    > > between.
    >
    > There has GOT to be some legitimate explanation for the discrepency.
    > Because for me its nearly always completely random too.
    >
    > I keep junk in my top two slots (clicky atk & damage shield) and mobs
    > skip them as often as not. Just randomly punching holes in my buff
    > window. If I get hit with a big dispell on a full buff window I'll have
    > holes.
    >
    > Sooo....
    >
    > There are several possibilities:
    >
    > 1) The mobs you fight use dispels that knock them off the top while the
    > ones I fight dispel randomly.

    From the lowliest wizard froggy in Guk to the red-con trash mobs in
    Anguish... There aren't many people that can claim to have stepped foot in
    every zone in the game, but I'm one. The dispel behavior never changes. =)

    > 2) There is some formula that's applied to determine which buff slots
    > get stripped, and in your case it invariably chooses the top two.
    >
    > a) Perhaps the dispell walks your buff list, and the junk buffs you
    > happen to use in the first 2 slots are particularly vulnerable to
    > dispells so it never goes deeper...there's a lot of possible
    > formulations that could yield something like this.

    Except that when (and this applies to "d" below as well) I actually get
    buffed after a rez without asking, so that I don't have the opportunity to
    make sure that my buffs get set up in the right order, I can count on asking
    for those buffs that land in my top slots again after my first dispel.

    > b) Perhaps there is a static aspect of your character tied to seeding
    > the random number generator... and for you it just always comes up 1
    > then 2.

    Quite possible. Anecdotally unlikely, however. The admonition to raids to
    "get clickies up top" before dispelling targets throughout the eras suggests
    that the behavior is as it always has been. Personal experience listening
    to the people who complain about, using a current dispelling target of mine
    as an example, Ture, and the personal experience of listening to those
    people (including me) who laugh at them for not having clickies to deal with
    it, suggests likewise.

    > c) Perhaps there is an issue related to a "resist check" that's based on
    > relative level... perhaps when fighting very high con red raid mobs they
    > always make the check, so its always your first two. While I fight a lot
    > more blues - yellows so my buffs often resist the debuff allowing deeper
    > buffs to try (and fail) to resist being dispelled.

    I can count on the same behavior from mobs in DoN missions who cast
    single-target annul magic as well. I *always* keep junk buffs on top, even
    while grinding. Being the default puller 99.9% of the time leads to certain
    habits. =)

    > d) Perhaps there is a "resist check" related to, say, Magic resist and
    > perhaps you have very high MR so all your buffs make the resist check as
    > it walks your buff list. And then if it reaches the end of the buff list
    > and still owes you a dispell it just takes the first ones.

    See above for a related response.

    > I don't know... but I can state unequivically that I cannot rely on
    > buffs being dropped out of MY top slots at all. They get left behind as
    > often as not.

    I have had instances where buffs seemed to get dispelled out of order. The
    unique thing about those instances though, when I had the opportunity to do
    so, if I buffed in such a way that my junk buffs landed in those slots, from
    then on (until I zoned) I would lose those slots first with every dispel.
    It was as though my buff slots had been shuffled up. And when I zoned out,
    assuming I didn't manage to die to accomplish zoning, my buffs would end up
    rearranged, and, you guessed it, those would be my top slots.

    I'm not sure what would cause such a thing, though it does seem to happen
    after being killed once or twice in the same zone. It's rare for me, and
    not the easiest thing to test with any sort of scientific process.

    Meldur wrote:
    > On 25 Jul 2005 13:24:56 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    > <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Minor Muramite Rune (Level 66)
    >>>1. Pious Remedy - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>2. Confidence - When was the last time you used this line?
    >>>3. Ward of Valiance - When was the last time you used this line?
    >>>4. Shock of Wonder - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>5. Sun Cloak - When was the last time you used this line?
    >>>6. Symbol of Balikor - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>
    >>>Lesser Muramite Rune (Level 67)
    >>>1. Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>2. Panoply of Vie - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>3. Sermon of Reproach - When was the last time you used this line?
    >>>4. Pious Elixer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>5. Blessing of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>6. Conviction - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>
    >>>Muramite Rune (Level 68)
    >>>1. Sound of Divinity - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>2. Hammer of Reproach - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>3. Pious Light - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>4. Desolate Undead - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>5. Unswerving Hammer - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>
    >>>Greater Muramite Rune (Level 69)
    >>>1. Yaulp VII - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>2. Mark of the Blameless - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>3. Word of Vivification - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>4. Aura of Devotion - Higher numbers *yawns*
    >>>5. Calamity - When was the last time you used this line?
    >>>

    >>The same is true for most classes, you just get better spells in the same
    >>lines that you already have spells. As a shaman, I get better heals
    >>(instant and over time), better buffs, better DoTs, better nukes, better
    >>debuffs. Nothing terribly exciting, except in that they allow me to hit
    >>harder zones than I could without them, particularly when soloing.
    >

    > What I say - boooring - worst expansion ever,some lines are even
    > worse than their predecessors(Pacify-Harmony line,and only 1 stun
    > working on level 70 mobs,where we had 2 stuns working when the
    > max level was 65).
    > Another terrible effect of all the higher numbers is,that newbies are
    > hurt by it much,making it almost impossible to catch up with the older
    > players,but I guess SOE wants newbies go to WoW,not EQ. =)
    >
    > Mheldur 66 Cleric

    I can understand a difference of opinion about Omens - I think it's the
    best expansion Sony have ever brought out - but worst expansion ever?

    You mean to say that DoN *and* GoD are better than it? That I can't
    accept, it's just insane.

    And yeah as others have said, in terms of newbies 'catching up' ie new
    players catching the pack (not single-grouper oldbies catching raiders,
    which is another and much larger thread entirely), Omens is one of the
    shining stars of Everquest - tons of droppable loot and incredibly good
    (the best for single-groupers) quested gear.

    cheers,
    James

    In article <29ofr2-l35.ln1@hydra.dagon.net>, Mark Rafn <dagon@dagon.net> wrote:

    >Imagine if your upgrades were "most of your heal spells don't work on anyone
    >over L65, the new versions work the same, but on higher-level targets.

    Hey, don't laugh. A problem I have now is that I keep Pious Elixir
    loaded, but it won't hold on people lower than 61.

    > <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    >> I've also noticed that on the few dispelling ones we have been
    >> hitting recently, the buff dispelled is much more random now than it
    >> used to be, for example the dispellers in Tactics on the way to doing
    >> RZ/TZ/VZ, they no longer take off the top buff, it is now random.
    >
    > Starting a derail now...
    >
    > You know, that has been said many times over the past *years*, and I
    > still keep junk buffs in my top 2 slots and can count the number of
    > times a mob dispel has taken an unplanned buff on one hand, versus the
    > thousands and thousands of times I've refreshed those top 2 junk buffs
    > after dispels, all the way from Guk to Anguish and everything,
    > literally everything, in between.

    Up until our last couple of runs in Tactics, I would have agreed with you
    100%. I kept one junk buff up always, and never once had anything but
    that top buff dispelled in tactics. In our last 3 or 4 runs through
    tactics, it has been random buffs every single time.

    --

    > <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
    >> I don't know... but I can state unequivically that I cannot rely on
    >> buffs being dropped out of MY top slots at all. They get left behind
    >> as often as not.
    >
    > I have had instances where buffs seemed to get dispelled out of order.
    > The unique thing about those instances though, when I had the
    > opportunity to do so, if I buffed in such a way that my junk buffs
    > landed in those slots, from then on (until I zoned) I would lose those
    > slots first with every dispel. It was as though my buff slots had been
    > shuffled up. And when I zoned out, assuming I didn't manage to die to
    > accomplish zoning, my buffs would end up rearranged, and, you guessed
    > it, those would be my top slots.
    >
    > I'm not sure what would cause such a thing, though it does seem to
    > happen after being killed once or twice in the same zone. It's rare
    > for me, and not the easiest thing to test with any sort of scientific
    > process.

    As I said in another reply, my experience had been identical to yours up
    until our last few runs in tactics this past month or so. I put my 9th
    coldain ring buff in my top slot, as I always have done in tactics, got
    the rest of my buffs, and never once did I have to refresh the ring buff,
    but I did have to get new conviction, c6, and a couple of self buffs,
    several times during the runs. It was really odd, and I was far from the
    only one in the raid complaining about this behavior.

    --

    "Faned" <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote in message
    > <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
    > > In article <slrndea9ji.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>, faned@wyld.qx.net says...
    > >

    > > > Starting a derail now...
    > > >
    > > > You know, that has been said many times over the past *years*, and I
    still
    > > > keep junk buffs in my top 2 slots and can count the number of times a
    mob
    > > > dispel has taken an unplanned buff on one hand, versus the thousands
    and
    > > > thousands of times I've refreshed those top 2 junk buffs after
    dispels, all
    > > > the way from Guk to Anguish and everything, literally everything, in
    > > > between.
    > >
    > > There has GOT to be some legitimate explanation for the discrepency.
    > > Because for me its nearly always completely random too.
    > >
    > > I keep junk in my top two slots (clicky atk & damage shield) and mobs
    > > skip them as often as not. Just randomly punching holes in my buff
    > > window. If I get hit with a big dispell on a full buff window I'll have
    > > holes.
    > >
    > > Sooo....
    > >
    > > There are several possibilities:
    > >
    > > 1) The mobs you fight use dispels that knock them off the top while the
    > > ones I fight dispel randomly.
    >
    > From the lowliest wizard froggy in Guk to the red-con trash mobs in
    > Anguish... There aren't many people that can claim to have stepped foot
    in
    > every zone in the game, but I'm one. The dispel behavior never changes.
    =)

    Hmm well actually I believe it does change, but it depends on the type of
    dispell they cast, or possibly more to do with the era.

    For example, any mob that AOE dispells in my experience will take from the
    top slot down. Dragons in HoT are an example of this (Dozekar).

    Any mob that actually casts SINGLE dispell on you, will remove a random
    buff. Frogs in Old Sebilis are an example of this.

    Some of the newer AOE dispells may be random also.

    <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote:

    > "Faned" <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote in message
    > > <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
    > > > In article <slrndea9ji.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>, faned@wyld.qx.net says...

    > still
    > mob
    > and
    > dispels, all
    > > >
    > > > There has GOT to be some legitimate explanation for the discrepency.
    > > > Because for me its nearly always completely random too.
    > > >
    > > > I keep junk in my top two slots (clicky atk & damage shield) and mobs
    > > > skip them as often as not. Just randomly punching holes in my buff
    > > > window. If I get hit with a big dispell on a full buff window I'll have
    > > > holes.
    > > >
    > > > Sooo....
    > > >
    > > > There are several possibilities:
    > > >
    > > > 1) The mobs you fight use dispels that knock them off the top while the
    > > > ones I fight dispel randomly.
    > >
    > > From the lowliest wizard froggy in Guk to the red-con trash mobs in
    > > Anguish... There aren't many people that can claim to have stepped foot
    > in
    > > every zone in the game, but I'm one. The dispel behavior never changes.
    > =)
    >
    > Hmm well actually I believe it does change, but it depends on the type of
    > dispell they cast, or possibly more to do with the era.
    >
    > For example, any mob that AOE dispells in my experience will take from the
    > top slot down. Dragons in HoT are an example of this (Dozekar).
    >
    > Any mob that actually casts SINGLE dispell on you, will remove a random
    > buff. Frogs in Old Sebilis are an example of this.
    >
    > Some of the newer AOE dispells may be random also.

    I'd have to also disagree here. The vast majority of the times that I get
    dispelled I'm the only one getting dispelled by some cleric/wizard trash mob
    casting annul magic (several variations, dispelling 1, 2, or 4 buffs). The
    AE mobs are just the ones where I can get info from a large segment of
    people all at once.

    In article <slrndeale7.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>, faned@wyld.qx.net says...
    > <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
    > > In article <slrndea9ji.76m.faned@wyld.qx.net>, faned@wyld.qx.net says...
    > >

    > > > Starting a derail now...
    > > >
    > > > You know, that has been said many times over the past *years*, and I still
    > > > keep junk buffs in my top 2 slots and can count the number of times a mob
    > > > dispel has taken an unplanned buff on one hand, versus the thousands and
    > > > thousands of times I've refreshed those top 2 junk buffs after dispels, all
    > > > the way from Guk to Anguish and everything, literally everything, in
    > > > between.
    > >
    > > There has GOT to be some legitimate explanation for the discrepency.
    > > Because for me its nearly always completely random too.
    > >
    > > I keep junk in my top two slots (clicky atk & damage shield) and mobs
    > > skip them as often as not. Just randomly punching holes in my buff
    > > window. If I get hit with a big dispell on a full buff window I'll have
    > > holes.
    > >
    > > Sooo....
    > >
    > > There are several possibilities:
    > >
    > > 1) The mobs you fight use dispels that knock them off the top while the
    > > ones I fight dispel randomly.
    >
    > From the lowliest wizard froggy in Guk to the red-con trash mobs in
    > Anguish... There aren't many people that can claim to have stepped foot in
    > every zone in the game, but I'm one. The dispel behavior never changes. =)

    I think its generally accepted even by those of us who are claiming that
    the random dispells are a 'current' phenomena. Have you been dispelled
    by frog wizard in guk within the last couple years ? :)

    We should assume SOE is changing things on us. And we should assume old
    data should be considered unreliable.

    > > 2) There is some formula that's applied to determine which buff slots
    > > get stripped, and in your case it invariably chooses the top two.
    > >
    > > a) Perhaps the dispell walks your buff list, and the junk buffs you
    > > happen to use in the first 2 slots are particularly vulnerable to
    > > dispells so it never goes deeper...there's a lot of possible
    > > formulations that could yield something like this.
    >
    > Except that when (and this applies to "d" below as well) I actually get
    > buffed after a rez without asking, so that I don't have the opportunity to
    > make sure that my buffs get set up in the right order, I can count on asking
    > for those buffs that land in my top slots again after my first dispel.
    >
    > > b) Perhaps there is a static aspect of your character tied to seeding
    > > the random number generator... and for you it just always comes up 1
    > > then 2.
    >
    > Quite possible. Anecdotally unlikely, however. The admonition to raids to
    > "get clickies up top" before dispelling targets throughout the eras suggests
    > that the behavior is as it always has been.

    As others have noted, as I was about to suggest myself, AOE dispels may
    be treated differently than other ones, or perhaps its certain proc
    dispells vs cast spells... or... or...

    Yeah i realize that doesn't line up with your DoN experience.

    But the fact is, your experience doesn't match mine, especially in the
    last several months. I'm also in the habit of always having my clickies
    up top...(because it USED to work) but for the last several months it
    hasn't helped in many many places I've gone.

    > > I don't know... but I can state unequivically that I cannot rely on
    > > buffs being dropped out of MY top slots at all. They get left behind as
    > > often as not.
    >
    > I have had instances where buffs seemed to get dispelled out of order. The
    > unique thing about those instances though, when I had the opportunity to do
    > so, if I buffed in such a way that my junk buffs landed in those slots, from
    > then on (until I zoned) I would lose those slots first with every dispel.
    > It was as though my buff slots had been shuffled up. And when I zoned out,
    > assuming I didn't manage to die to accomplish zoning, my buffs would end up
    > rearranged, and, you guessed it, those would be my top slots.

    I get "randomly" dispelled so often the game hiccup theory doesn't sound
    adequate. That said, I should spend some time analyzing if its always
    the same slots that get nailed first in any given zone session.

    > I'm not sure what would cause such a thing, though it does seem to happen
    > after being killed once or twice in the same zone. It's rare for me, and
    > not the easiest thing to test with any sort of scientific process.

    Its too bad we can't rely on player dispels to gather data.

    I'm going to drag a couple alts to skyfire today and fool around I won't
    be able to get well rounded data, but chromodracs do dispell with
    freakish regularity... not sure if they're on my 'sequential' or
    'random' dispell category... but if its random I might be able to get
    some data.

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:22:01 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:

    ><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
    >> On 25 Jul 2005 13:24:56 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    >> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in

    >> >The same is true for most classes, you just get better spells in the same
    >> >lines that you already have spells. As a shaman, I get better heals
    >> >(instant and over time), better buffs, better DoTs, better nukes, better
    >> >debuffs. Nothing terribly exciting, except in that they allow me to hit
    >> >harder zones than I could without them, particularly when soloing.
    >>
    >> What I say - boooring - worst expansion ever,some lines are even
    >> worse than their predecessors(Pacify-Harmony line,and only 1 stun
    >> working on level 70 mobs,where we had 2 stuns working when the
    >> max level was 65).
    >
    >Sound of Divinity and Shock of Wonder both work up to level 70.

    My bad,point taken.

    >> Another terrible effect of all the higher numbers is,that newbies are
    >> hurt by it much,making it almost impossible to catch up with the older
    >> players,but I guess SOE wants newbies go to WoW,not EQ. =)
    >
    >It is far, far, *far* easier for newbies to "catch up" with the older
    >players now than at any point in Everquest's history after the first week of
    >release.

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:15:44 GMT, James Hicks
    <james@doesntlikespam.org> wrote:

    >Meldur wrote:
    >> On 25 Jul 2005 13:24:56 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    >> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in

    >>>The same is true for most classes, you just get better spells in the same
    >>>lines that you already have spells. As a shaman, I get better heals
    >>>(instant and over time), better buffs, better DoTs, better nukes, better
    >>>debuffs. Nothing terribly exciting, except in that they allow me to hit
    >>>harder zones than I could without them, particularly when soloing.
    >>

    >> What I say - boooring - worst expansion ever,some lines are even
    >> worse than their predecessors(Pacify-Harmony line,and only 1 stun
    >> working on level 70 mobs,where we had 2 stuns working when the
    >> max level was 65).
    >> Another terrible effect of all the higher numbers is,that newbies are
    >> hurt by it much,making it almost impossible to catch up with the older
    >> players,but I guess SOE wants newbies go to WoW,not EQ. =)
    >>
    >> Mheldur 66 Cleric
    >>

    > I can understand a difference of opinion about Omens - I think it's the
    >best expansion Sony have ever brought out - but worst expansion ever?
    >
    > You mean to say that DoN *and* GoD are better than it? That I can't
    >accept, it's just insane.

    Yes,GoD better,because no senseless leveling needed.When I said worst
    it was refered to the raising of the level cap,for me it made the game
    less enjoyable,for one as mentioned I need to do the xp tread mill
    again instead of becoming stronger with making AAs,other point
    being that there are now a lot of under equipped with no AAs to
    speak of level 70s,who are remarkable weaker than my 66 and 67 chars,
    but hey they can enter RSS. :p

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:40:02 -0700, dagon@dagon.net (Mark Rafn) wrote:

    >Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
    >[snipped list of cleric spells that got upgrades]
    >
    >Please list the spells for any class that were original and useful. ALL of
    >them were numbers upgrades, or numbers upgrades on unused spell lines.
    >
    >Some classes had the added insult that the numbers upgrades weren't even
    >upgrades in effectiveness, just a required speedbump upgrade so the spell
    >would affect the mobs we're now fighting.
    >
    >Enchanters are the ones I know best; previous mez, stun, charm, and pacify
    >spells just stopped working (because higher-level mobs became the normal
    >targets) until new spells were acquired that do the exact same
    >thing on new mobs. Heck, for pacify and charm we had to get new spells just
    >to have a nerfed version! And two of our most effective lines got dropped
    >entirely until the June 29 patch.
    >
    >Imagine if your upgrades were "most of your heal spells don't work on anyone
    >over L65, the new versions work the same, but on higher-level targets. Except
    >the new CH, which is the last L70 spell for you and now has a 15 second
    >cast time and can't crit.
    >
    >Complaining that your upgrades were uninteresting makes me feel even worse
    >that my upgrades were either zero-grades or nerfs. But then I get over it,
    >and realize that I'm still having fun, despite SoE hating me :) When that
    >stops, I'll stop playing.
    >
    >OTGH, some new AAs WERE interesting and useful, and the July 29 patch added
    >two (boring numbers upgrades, but for good spells) important enchanter spells.

    Well,I talked about Clerics cause one of my 2 mains is one,I could
    have written the same rant about Rangers.

    Mheldur 66 Cleric
    Uland 67 Ranger

Games Video Games