Outlook 2000/Symantec fax

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I have just redirected a fax to my computer via the Symantec fax driver on
Outlook 2000.
After receipt of the fax, there was no prompt for viewing.
Where does Outlook 2000 file faxes on XP Pro?

Clarify the Fax software you are using.
If you are talking about Winfax SE in the long defunct IMO version of
Outlook, it never worked on any operating system and preceded Windows XP by
years. You need to get some fax software.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just redirected a fax to my computer via the Symantec fax driver on
> Outlook 2000.
> After receipt of the fax, there was no prompt for viewing.
> Where does Outlook 2000 file faxes on XP Pro?

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Hi Russ.
Thanks for your reply.
My problem is not with the fax application.
Last week my HD crashed, and when replacing it I decided to upgrade from W2K
to XP Pro. I installed Office 2000 Pro and Outlook for the specific purpose
to handle the few faxes that I receive. WinFax is bundled into Outlook 2000
and I recevie faxes via my cell phone, and re-direct them to my computer via
the fax app. in Outlook. On W2K, I new where the app filed the received fax
in "documents and settings". However, on XP after re-directing a fax via
Outlook to my computer, has filed somewhere, and I cant find on one hand, and
on the other have searched and not found a fax file at all. My problem is to
locate the document on my system.

Why not just search for *.fxo?
WinFax SE is not supported on Windows XP. I've never seen anyone try to use
it.
--
> Hi Russ.
> Thanks for your reply.
> My problem is not with the fax application.
> Last week my HD crashed, and when replacing it I decided to upgrade from
> W2K
> to XP Pro. I installed Office 2000 Pro and Outlook for the specific
> purpose
> to handle the few faxes that I receive. WinFax is bundled into Outlook
> 2000
> and I recevie faxes via my cell phone, and re-direct them to my computer
> via
> the fax app. in Outlook. On W2K, I new where the app filed the received
> fax
> in "documents and settings". However, on XP after re-directing a fax via
> Outlook to my computer, has filed somewhere, and I cant find on one hand,
> and
> on the other have searched and not found a fax file at all. My problem is
> locate the document on my system.

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

No luck Russ.
These faxes are saved in *.tiff format and there wasn't any thing like that
on my HD, so it remains a phantom. I have since uninstalled the Outlook app.
Thanks for your time and help.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Why not just search for *.fxo?
> WinFax SE is not supported on Windows XP. I've never seen anyone try to use
> it.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]

Then you weren't using WinFax SE after all.
--
> No luck Russ.
> These faxes are saved in *.tiff format and there wasn't any thing like
> that
> on my HD, so it remains a phantom. I have since uninstalled the Outlook
> app.
> Thanks for your time and help.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Why not just search for *.fxo?
>> WinFax SE is not supported on Windows XP. I've never seen anyone try to
>> use
>> it.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

No Russ.
It's a symantec app that is bundled into Outlook 2000 pro.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Then you weren't using WinFax SE after all.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]

Not possible. The only fax app that was ever bundled with Outlook was WinFax
SE.