There should be an online fps multiplayer game type for beginners!

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Hear me out....I'm crap at fps multiplayer but i love fps shooters in one player story games....Why not have an online game mode for new players that suck...E.g....5 vs 2 or 3.....the 5 on one team except the Captain are total new/bad players. The Captain is an experienced fps player....U have a map that forces the 5 players into a battle where they have to work together with the captain guiding them (maybe he has a map/or just very good at killing!)...Then on the opposing team you have your 'pro' fps players but there's only 3 of them...and they have to hunt the other team down...the pro players have access to inferior weapons etc, that's their handicap....i dunno..with the right map that could be fun no?

Solution
i cant imagen it being that deficult, think of bf3 it logs how many games you have played and frags etc.
The guys with 1000 kills or level ten play people say level 8 to 12, 0 play 0 to 2 and so on. it would just be a filter applied to the servers.

noise

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012
Your concept of handicapping better players doesn't sound very appealing. Generally you want to achieve something for your effort. Very few people are good at FPS games without spending A LOT of time on them.

Imagine starting skyrim on level 81 and then slowly levelling down to the point where you give goats the right of way and you're really not sure if you should wade the river in case the salmon slap the **** out of you.

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

haha yeah good point..Perhaps just being outnumbered then if you're of the 'pro' category class player. I dunno..All fanciful stuff. I guess just practice and practice is the only way of getting better. It just seems so daunting and frustrating getting blown away time and time again. It would be nice to be eased into a battle where you feel you've got some chance even as a beginner.

billybiff

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Yeah i couldn't agree more. I have a family and having an hour a day to game if i'm lucky, so now i never really play online as you just spend the time getting your A$$ handed to you, this is not fun. Like you say if you have ratings from 0 to 100
Depending how good you are, say 0 then you only play 0 rankeked players, or for the rest open servers, i would play more online if that was the case.

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah I agree..I'm not sure how much longer I'll give multiplayer...Yeah I don't have a family but work-full time and have a Mrs at home. So yeah I gotta choose my game time carefully! I'm actually enjoying the single player campaign in BF3. Looks stunning on Ultra setting imo. Think i'l be using my extra time for XCOM when that comes out in a couple of weeks. Also gonna try out Diablo3 (or Titan Quest) for the first time cause i've never played that sort of game. Oh and Black Mesa is on the go too :)

billybiff

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
i cant imagen it being that deficult, think of bf3 it logs how many games you have played and frags etc.
The guys with 1000 kills or level ten play people say level 8 to 12, 0 play 0 to 2 and so on. it would just be a filter applied to the servers.

Solution

BearTheIrish

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Let me tell you a true story 3 years ago my mom started playing call of duty she plays maybe once or twice a week for maybe 1-2 (possibly 3-4 on the weekend) hours by herself or with her friends who were also started to play at the same time... since the release of MW3 my mom has maintained a 1.26 KD for a couple months now...
(she has a regular 9-5 just like every one else)

I wouldn't mind piloting some Bambi's when there new to the game
mainstream FPS isnt built to be friendly there built to be fast paced adapt and survive.

Gaming is like everything else you make and take the time to play and through the sweat adrenaline and constant button mashing you get better.

ProVisionOman

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Yeah but do you get out of this 5 hours per day wasted? Lol! Nothing.. So yeah i have stopped online FPS A LONG TIME AGO thanks to MW3 lol.