Spooler Subsystem App Error

I get this error message on start up and it keeps on bugging "Spooler
Subsystem App Error" until i disable print spooler in services section. Can
anyone help remove this error.

Also the printer icons dosent appear in the 'printer n faxes' section of
control panel. Would apprecite quick advice. Thanks

Saks
3 answers Last reply
More about spooler subsystem error

    See:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757

    The icons don't appear in Printers & Faxes because the Print Spooler is
    stopped. Follow the instructions at the KB article to get everything
    working again.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Saks" <Saks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I get this error message on start up and it keeps on bugging "Spooler
    > Subsystem App Error" until i disable print spooler in services section.
    > Can
    > anyone help remove this error.
    >
    > Also the printer icons dosent appear in the 'printer n faxes' section of
    > control panel. Would apprecite quick advice. Thanks
    >
    > Saks

    I've attempted the everything put forth in the instructions from the link
    -http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757 - and I still
    have the same problem of printers disappearing or printing to the PC's
    default printer rather than the network printer. Has anyone else continued to
    have problems after they have attempted these "fixes"???

    We are running a business where we are constantly printing invoices to give
    to our walk-in customer, and over the last couple months we've constantly had
    this problem and can't deal with it anymore - it's costing us time and money!

    I would at least like to know if anyone continues to have these problems,
    even after attempting the suggested fix, and if so have you discovered
    anything else to correct it? Thanks...

    John

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > See:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757
    >
    > The icons don't appear in Printers & Faxes because the Print Spooler is
    > stopped. Follow the instructions at the KB article to get everything
    > working again.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Saks" <Saks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I get this error message on start up and it keeps on bugging "Spooler
    > > Subsystem App Error" until i disable print spooler in services section.
    > > Can
    > > anyone help remove this error.
    > >
    > > Also the printer icons dosent appear in the 'printer n faxes' section of
    > > control panel. Would apprecite quick advice. Thanks
    > >
    > > Saks

    Use Bruce Sanderson's article to completely blitz the current drivers...

    Printer Spooler stalling can usually be diagnosed to corrupt drivers. Do
    you have SP2 installed? If so, failure of the Print Spooler is logged with
    the cause.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "JL III" <JL III@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've attempted the everything put forth in the instructions from the link
    > -http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757 - and I
    > still
    > have the same problem of printers disappearing or printing to the PC's
    > default printer rather than the network printer. Has anyone else continued
    > have problems after they have attempted these "fixes"???
    >
    > We are running a business where we are constantly printing invoices to
    > give
    > to our walk-in customer, and over the last couple months we've constantly
    > had
    > this problem and can't deal with it anymore - it's costing us time and
    > money!
    >
    > I would at least like to know if anyone continues to have these problems,
    > even after attempting the suggested fix, and if so have you discovered
    > anything else to correct it? Thanks...
    >
    > John
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> See:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757
    >>
    >> The icons don't appear in Printers & Faxes because the Print Spooler is
    >> stopped. Follow the instructions at the KB article to get everything
    >> working again.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "Saks" <Saks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I get this error message on start up and it keeps on bugging "Spooler
    >> > Subsystem App Error" until i disable print spooler in services section.
    >> > Can
    >> > anyone help remove this error.
    >> >
    >> > Also the printer icons dosent appear in the 'printer n faxes' section
    >> > of
    >> > control panel. Would apprecite quick advice. Thanks
    >> >
    >> > Saks

Error Message Printers Windows XP