MP Overclock

scwarner

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2002
I'm running dual 1600+ MP's on a Tyan Tiger MP board. There is no option for upping the FSB. If I change the multiplier by physically altering the bridges, will the overclock work?

I know that theoretically it should work, but has anybody done this?

"Intel people buy their computers to learn. AMD people build theirs because they already have."

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
If I understand correctly, you want to unlock your AMD MPs and change their CPU multipliers in order to achieve higher clock speeds. The problem is your motherboard does not allow for CPU multiplier changes.

scwarner

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2002
Sorry if I wasn't clear but I was wondering about physically changing the multiplier via the L3 and L4 bridges by using the guide <A HREF="http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/xp_painting.html" target="_new">here</A>.

I was currious if this actually works.

"Intel people buy their computers to learn. AMD people build theirs because they already have."

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
I never tried physically changing the CPU multiplier via the L3 and L4 bridges but if you try it, post your experiences in these discussion forums. Try posting this same topic at anandtech's discussion forums. You will generally get more responses to questions at anandtech.