VX7000 - Digital VS 9900 Tri - AC1 ???

Last response: in Network Providers
April 7, 2005 1:01:22 AM

I have not visited the groups in a while so I apologize if these
questions have already been asked.

I have an audiovox 9900 tri-mode phone w/ two problems. First problem
is that sometimes the mute/menu buttons do not work in a call (No
Biggie), they can here me flush. This is at random of course!

The other issue is NO GET IT NOW! I am on my third phone with no access
to get it now. I click get it now and all I see is a gray screen.
I know its a software issue, but how to fix it is the problem?
If audiovox and verizon can't even fix a software issue on a refurb
phone what the heck! GIN wouldn't be an issue if I could transfer
ringers to the phone somehow.

Verizon replaced the 9900 with VX-7000 which is nice. Oh BTW it was a
free phone with no contract changes or anything at all and got to keep
the semi-working 9900.

Pro's about the vx-7000 is I can transfer ringers and pictures via data
cable with DataPilot. Over all its not bad at all. Not sure if I like
the ALL Digital phone. We have parts of OHIO that seem to only work in
analog. I still like the 9900 over the 7000 and my old 9500 over both.
Does anyone have an old 9500 for sale?

The 7000 is my first experince with an all digital phone. Should a
concern exist when traveling along highways? I have a trip planned from
akron, oh via I-80 West to I-29 North and arriving in brookings, SD.
Do I need travel on the safe side and re-activate the 9900 Tri-Mode or
will an all digital do the trick? Verizon has said that all digital is
the wave of the future and that analog is going out of style in the next
year. I have not changed contracts in almost a year. I still have MOU
and PRL 50284 which seems to indicate AC1 w/ roam options.

On the 9900 / 9500 if you had a headset that worked with a samsung you
could use the on/off button to answer / hangup / voice dial. Does such
a headset exist for the vx7000? I know the current headset will dial
last called # or hangup but thats it.

Has anyone ever been succesful in transfering photos/ringers via data
cable on the 9900? I've tried QPST / GAGIN and neither work with the
phone.

Forgot to ask, does a way exist to add new words to the T9 feature?
The audiovox would learn new words as I typed them and then I wouldn't
have to type again.

Thanks
Dan

--
E-Mail Address:

[a - k - r - o - n - c - h - u - m] [a t] [m s n [dot][com]

Remove the [], -
Change
[at] = @
[dot] = .
(Feel free to add the below to *your* sig. All laws mentioned have been
Verified.)
Legal Warning: Anyone sending me unsolicited/commercial email WILL be
charged a
$100 proof-reading fee. I WILL take legal action. Consider this an
official notice:
"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec. 227(b)(1)(C), it is
unlawful to
send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By Sec.
227(b)(3)(C), a violation
of the aforementioned Section is punishable by action to recover actual
monetary loss,
or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation."
****To reply indicates consent to the above conditions.****
April 7, 2005 1:01:23 AM

Well, I'm on my 4th 9900. One of the issue's I had was yours, no "Get It
Now". The latest problem I am having is not being able to store anything
on it, and the memory only shows 13% full. I've had it with this phone.

To get to your question, you should have no problems with your trip. I
live in Yankton, SD and take trips to NC, VA and Baltimore a lot. I
never had any problems with my 7000 losing a call. I did roam a couple
times, but with Verizon's new no roaming, that isn't a concern.

As for transfering ringtones to your 9900, if you don't plan on putting
a lot on there, just email them to your phone. It costs a few cents,
but, it's cheaper than buying a cable.

I'm not much into text messaging, so I don't know if the predictive
enhancement works the same as the 9900 on the 7000.

Also, no experience with the headset, sorry on that part too.

Hope this helps some.

D. Smith Wrote:
> [...]
> [dot] = .
> (Feel free to add the below to *your* sig. All laws mentioned have
> been
> Verified.)
> Legal Warning: Anyone sending me unsolicited/commercial email WILL be
> charged a
> $100 proof-reading fee. I WILL take legal action. Consider this an
> official notice:
> "By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
> the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec. 227(b)(1)(C), it is
> unlawful to
> send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By Sec.
> 227(b)(3)(C), a violation
> of the aforementioned Section is punishable by action to recover
> actual
> monetary loss,
> or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation."

bossdragon
April 7, 2005 8:50:43 AM

Thanks for your input, I have no clue were Yankton, SD is! If its in
the middle of nowhere like Brookings then I'll be ok. :)  Actually
you are the 3rd or 4th person that has complained about the long term
experience of the 9900. I already have data cables for both the 9900
/ 7000. So the cost is already spent, but I'll have to spend more
time playing with the e-mail idea. Do not have the no-roaming under
the new AC. I wanted to keep my MOU/NA plan that has worked since
2003.

Too bad engineers never listen to the people who use the product.
We could have some real cool phones!

Thanks for your input all is appreciated!

Dan

!