Battlefield 3 unstable FPS

jordan27

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Hi,

i play Battlefield 3 multiplayer and i experience unstable frame rate. The highest is 70-73 frames and the lowest 30 and sometimes it freezes for some seconds so it goes below 30.

I play on 1680x1050 resolution, vsync and motion blur off, most of the settings at high but antialiasing deferred off, antialiasing post medium ambient occlusion SSAO and effects quality medium. I play most Conquest and Conquest large with 32 players. My download speed is 14 Mbps and upload speed 0.77 Mbps. I also have these commands : RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1 RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0 I have them on a file user.cfg in the battlefield 3 directory and they load at bf3 startup and i dont have to type them in the console.

My system is Intel Q8400 2.66 Ghz OC to 3.00 Ghz, GTX 560 non-Ti, 2x2GB RAM, 2xHDDs one Seagate (main, where BF3 is installed) and a WD, Hantol PSU 685 Watt and Asus P5KPL-AM EPU. I have windows 7 64-bit Ultimate.

Also i have this command Render.PerfOverLayVisible 1 .It places a small chart on the left corner of the screen. It shows your graphics card (GPU) usage as a green line, and your processor (CPU) usage as a yellow line. The aim is to ensure that during gameplay neither lines spike frequently to very high levels, as this indicates that the particular resource is being overtaxed, and possibly causing lag and instability. My GPU line makes less spikes than my CPU line.

Thank you in advance!

iyzik

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
Hi, I have recently seen a very large increase of posts about this same problem, generally ok fps but severe fps dips below 30s and 20s. And there is one thing in common with every post I have seen: everyone is using a Core 2 CPU. So I think I would have to blame this issue in your CPU, it's not a bad CPU but very intensive modern games like bf3, Core 2 are not really powerful enough they are getting a bit old for high end gaming.