sharing a printer from XP Pro SP2 Computer onto a Windows ..

I wish to share a printer set up on a XP Pro Computer, on to a Windows 98 SE
Laptop.

Both computers have been joined into the same Network, and have IP Address's
Allocated.

The Windows XP Pro computer has got NetBeui installed.

Printer Sharing has been set up for the printer.

How can I get the Windows 98 Laptop to Print to the Windows XP Computer.
3 answers Last reply
More about sharing printer computer windows

    Probably not for XP does not recognize the 98 print instructions which are
    FAT32 and XP is probably running NTFS. You can go directly from the 98
    to the printer or XP to the printer but not one thru the other. Check the
    below
    site for you could print using the DOS instructions which 98 is based on.
    Print From DOS with WindowsXP
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "Ross Milne" wrote:

    > I wish to share a printer set up on a XP Pro Computer, on to a Windows 98 SE
    > Laptop.
    >
    > Both computers have been joined into the same Network, and have IP Address's
    > Allocated.
    >
    > The Windows XP Pro computer has got NetBeui installed.
    >
    > Printer Sharing has been set up for the printer.
    >
    > How can I get the Windows 98 Laptop to Print to the Windows XP Computer.

    Juest so you know, i managed to fix the problem my self.

    I can now print from windows 98 onto a printer that is shared on a Windows
    XP Computer.

    "Byte" wrote:

    > Probably not for XP does not recognize the 98 print instructions which are
    > FAT32 and XP is probably running NTFS. You can go directly from the 98
    > to the printer or XP to the printer but not one thru the other. Check the
    > below
    > site for you could print using the DOS instructions which 98 is based on.
    > Print From DOS with WindowsXP
    > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
    > --
    > Some days you're the windshield,
    > some days you're the bug.
    >

    > "Ross Milne" wrote:
    >
    > > I wish to share a printer set up on a XP Pro Computer, on to a Windows 98 SE
    > > Laptop.
    > >
    > > Both computers have been joined into the same Network, and have IP Address's
    > > Allocated.
    > >
    > > The Windows XP Pro computer has got NetBeui installed.
    > >
    > > Printer Sharing has been set up for the printer.
    > >
    > > How can I get the Windows 98 Laptop to Print to the Windows XP Computer.

  3. Windows 7 Pro can print to Windows XP Pro connected HP printer

    Windows XP Pro can print to Windows 7 Pro connected HP printer with administrator permission

    Windows 7 Pro and XP Pro cannot print to Windows 98 connected Dot-matrix printer.

    Windows 98 can print to XP Pro connected HP laser and Dot-matrix Printers.

    Windows 98 cannot print to Windows 7 Pro connected HP Printer.

Computers Printers Windows XP