complete printer uninstall

I tried to install, then uninstall an Epson Printer that was totally
incompatible with my Windows XP. Even after I uninstalled "sucessfully", I
keep getting a message on start-up that the program is still there. How do I
get rid of all of it?
--
scamero

Byte

What model Epson printer do you have that is not compatibel with XP?
XP will even run dot-matrix printers with no problem for I have one connected.
Uninstall & reinstall Printer
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"scamero" wrote:

> I tried to install, then uninstall an Epson Printer that was totally
> incompatible with my Windows XP. Even after I uninstalled "sucessfully", I
> keep getting a message on start-up that the program is still there. How do I
> get rid of all of it?
> --
> scamero

It's an Epson Stylus Color 580. I had a hacker in who downloaded installation
files off the Epson website and it didn't work, and I've downloaded an
installation program from the Epson website and it won't work. It tells me
the printer is not connected, but it is. I've checked all the connections.

"Byte" wrote:

> What model Epson printer do you have that is not compatibel with XP?
> XP will even run dot-matrix printers with no problem for I have one connected.
> Uninstall & reinstall Printer
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
> --
> Some days you're the windshield,
> some days you're the bug.
>

> "scamero" wrote:
>
> > I tried to install, then uninstall an Epson Printer that was totally
> > incompatible with my Windows XP. Even after I uninstalled "sucessfully", I
> > keep getting a message on start-up that the program is still there. How do I
> > get rid of all of it?
> > --
> > scamero

Byte

Q: How do I remove the printer driver from Microsoft Windows?
A: 1. Double-click My Computer, then double-click the Control Panel icon.
2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs. Click EPSON Printer Software in the
program list, then select your EPSON Stylus Color printer icon.
3. Click the Add/Remove icon and follow the instructions.
4. Restart your computer.
I have a question for you. Did you plug the printer in to the PC before
installing the software? That is incorrect. Disconnect and do the above
of removing it. Then install the software first, during the installation it
will
tell you when to plug the printer in to the PC. Good luck. :~)