Video driver for Presario 1650 laptop under Win ME?

I am trying to refurbish a Compaq Presario 1650 laptop.

It came to me secondhand with crashed hard drive and no Compaq
software. Got it running well with a generic Win 98SE, though screen
resolution was only VGA.

To get decent screen resolution I had to use the MAGICGRAPH128XD
(6.16) DRIVER VERSION 4.10.01.0009, which runs under Win 98 (took a
lot of searching on the web to get that one).

To improve my access to hard ware I now want to upgrade the OS to Win
ME.

Does anybody know whether a video driver for the Presario 1650 is
included in Win ME? Or will the existing MagicGraph128XD still work?
4 answers Last reply
More about video driver presario 1650 laptop

    "Richard Wright" <richwrigREMOVE@tig.com.au> wrote in message
    >I am trying to refurbish a Compaq Presario 1650 laptop.
    >
    > It came to me secondhand with crashed hard drive and no Compaq
    > software. Got it running well with a generic Win 98SE, though screen
    > resolution was only VGA.
    >
    > To get decent screen resolution I had to use the MAGICGRAPH128XD
    > (6.16) DRIVER VERSION 4.10.01.0009, which runs under Win 98 (took a
    > lot of searching on the web to get that one).
    >
    > To improve my access to hard ware I now want to upgrade the OS to Win
    > ME.
    >
    > Does anybody know whether a video driver for the Presario 1650 is
    > included in Win ME? Or will the existing MagicGraph128XD still work?

    What hardware are you trying to support that Me supports and 98 does not?
    Me is NOT a good upgrade. Buggy, unreliable OS.

    Tom

    try this:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=95217&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=8&submit.x=4&lang=en&cc=us

    Google is your best friend!

    Richard Wright wrote:
    > I am trying to refurbish a Compaq Presario 1650 laptop.
    >
    > It came to me secondhand with crashed hard drive and no Compaq
    > software. Got it running well with a generic Win 98SE, though screen
    > resolution was only VGA.
    >
    > To get decent screen resolution I had to use the MAGICGRAPH128XD
    > (6.16) DRIVER VERSION 4.10.01.0009, which runs under Win 98 (took a
    > lot of searching on the web to get that one).
    >
    > To improve my access to hard ware I now want to upgrade the OS to Win
    > ME.
    >
    > Does anybody know whether a video driver for the Presario 1650 is
    > included in Win ME? Or will the existing MagicGraph128XD still work?

    Friends don't let friends install WinMe.
    HH

    On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 12:33:14 GMT, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
    wrote:

    >"Richard Wright" <richwrigREMOVE@tig.com.au> wrote in message
    >>I am trying to refurbish a Compaq Presario 1650 laptop.
    >>
    >> It came to me secondhand with crashed hard drive and no Compaq
    >> software. Got it running well with a generic Win 98SE, though screen
    >> resolution was only VGA.
    >>
    >> To get decent screen resolution I had to use the MAGICGRAPH128XD
    >> (6.16) DRIVER VERSION 4.10.01.0009, which runs under Win 98 (took a
    >> lot of searching on the web to get that one).
    >>
    >> To improve my access to hard ware I now want to upgrade the OS to Win
    >> ME.
    >>
    >> Does anybody know whether a video driver for the Presario 1650 is
    >> included in Win ME? Or will the existing MagicGraph128XD still work?
    >

    >What hardware are you trying to support that Me supports and 98 does not?
    >Me is NOT a good upgrade. Buggy, unreliable OS.
    >
    >Tom

    A USB PenDrive, for a start - hopefully. PenDrive's software is
    supposed to support Win98, but it doesn't for me (and for many others,
    to judge by Google).

    Point is that I already have legit ME upgrade disk.

Compaq Laptops Presario Computers