Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help HP t45 muti-function on XP new hardware wizard problem

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 28, 2005 2:33:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I have checked bios and made sure the lpt1 port is activated as an ecp
port.( per the HP web site) also tried Bi-directional and epp port
types
I have unistalled the office jet t45 software numerous times I
installed a new pararell cable. still xp does not launch the new
hardware discovery wizard.
I followed the HP web sites instructions for installing a T45 on XP
with no success.

Help help help


--
kenm5
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kenm5's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2769
View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870569392
June 28, 2005 1:29:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Do you have the accompanying installation CD that came with the printer?
You'll need to completely uninstall and reinstall it. DO NOT plug it in until
told to do so during the software installation.
Uninstall & reinstall Printer
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.


"kenm5" wrote:

>
> I have checked bios and made sure the lpt1 port is activated as an ecp
> port.( per the HP web site) also tried Bi-directional and epp port
> types
> I have unistalled the office jet t45 software numerous times I
> installed a new pararell cable. still xp does not launch the new
> hardware discovery wizard.
> I followed the HP web sites instructions for installing a T45 on XP
> with no success.
>
> Help help help
>
>
> --
> kenm5
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> kenm5's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2769
> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870569392
>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 29, 2005 12:32:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I dont have the cd..

I downloaded the XP version from hp web site.

I lost my hard drive and decided to run XP instead of windows me.

If I've uninstalled the software once I've done it about 10 times and
followed your suggestion to not plug the T45 into the computer until
the installation program said to but the new hardware wizard never
launches..

I also (at HP e-mail supports request Deleted the ECP port and
re-booted. still no luck.. a combination of Bill Gates and HP are
killing me !!


--
kenm5
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kenm5's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2769
View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870569392
Related resources
June 29, 2005 1:21:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I have one question, isn't the t45 printer USB connected? You keep mentioning
LPT1 port that is for parallel printing. How did you connect it? You can
get an
adapter and plug it into the serial port which you are probably not using.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.


"kenm5" wrote:

>
> I dont have the cd..
>
> I downloaded the XP version from hp web site.
>
> I lost my hard drive and decided to run XP instead of windows me.
>
> If I've uninstalled the software once I've done it about 10 times and
> followed your suggestion to not plug the T45 into the computer until
> the installation program said to but the new hardware wizard never
> launches..
>
> I also (at HP e-mail supports request Deleted the ECP port and
> re-booted. still no luck.. a combination of Bill Gates and HP are
> killing me !!
>
>
> --
> kenm5
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> kenm5's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2769
> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870569392
>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
June 30, 2005 7:30:58 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

The T45 does not have a USB port. I'm using a compliant cable.

I can connect the T45 printer to my IBM laptop using the same cable
running XP and the hardware wizard starts,



With all the installs and un-installs Could the registry be screwed
up?

Could running XP repair on the XP cd fix this?


--
kenm5
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kenm5's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2769
View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870569392
June 30, 2005 1:21:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Possibly, but I doubt it. You may possibly have a bad parallel port, in that
your laptop accepts the printer but not your desktop sounds suspicious of
port problems. If not, run CHKDSK for a checkdisk problem. Then also run
the system file checker - sfc /scannow for possible corrupt system files.
Start>run>type sfc /scannow (space between the c and /)
Have your XP CD installation disk ready to insert if it asks for it.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.


"kenm5" wrote:

>
> The T45 does not have a USB port. I'm using a compliant cable.
>
> I can connect the T45 printer to my IBM laptop using the same cable
> running XP and the hardware wizard starts,
>
>
>
> With all the installs and un-installs Could the registry be screwed
> up?
>
> Could running XP repair on the XP cd fix this?
>
>
> --
> kenm5
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> kenm5's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2769
> View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870569392
>
>
!