Scanning images to rtf format

Is it possible to scan documents to the rtf format, currently you are only
able to scan to tiff jpeg, bmp and one more image formats. I have customer
who needs to scan document to rtf format so that changes can be made to the
file

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about scanning images format

    You are talking about OCR (optical copy recognition) A tiff or bitmap or
    jpeg (or other graphical) image is processed by an OCR program to output
    text that can be handled by an editing or word-processing program. Google
    OCR software to see what's out there...

    "mtnhigh" <mtnhigh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to scan documents to the rtf format, currently you are only
    > able to scan to tiff jpeg, bmp and one more image formats. I have customer
    > who needs to scan document to rtf format so that changes can be made to
    > the
    > file
    >
    > Thanks

    I think that it is "Optical _Character_ Recognition"

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:40:19 -0400, "M. Murcek"
    <mamurcekjr@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    >You are talking about OCR (optical copy recognition) A tiff or bitmap or
    >jpeg (or other graphical) image is processed by an OCR program to output
    >text that can be handled by an editing or word-processing program. Google
    >OCR software to see what's out there...
    >
    >"mtnhigh" <mtnhigh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to scan documents to the rtf format, currently you are only
    >> able to scan to tiff jpeg, bmp and one more image formats. I have customer
    >> who needs to scan document to rtf format so that changes can be made to
    >> the
    >> file
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
    Peter R. Fletcher

Microsoft Format Windows XP