installing photo smart printer

I am running windowsxp home edition with sp2. My problem is that when i try
to install hewlett packard photo smart 1100 from the installations cd a
window opens and it says this driver is not supported on windows 2000...i
have windows xp so have no clue what it is talking about but i would really
appreciate some help. My dad just uninstalled it from his computer and it was
working just fine. Thanking you for your time advance.
10 answers Last reply
More about installing photo smart printer

    HP Photosmart p1100 Printer driver for Windows XP (download)
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=58158&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=ps-12908-1

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Wendy" wrote:

    | I am running windowsxp home edition with sp2. My problem is that when i try
    | to install hewlett packard photo smart 1100 from the installations cd a
    | window opens and it says this driver is not supported on windows 2000...i
    | have windows xp so have no clue what it is talking about but i would really
    | appreciate some help. My dad just uninstalled it from his computer and it was
    | working just fine. Thanking you for your time advance.

    Hi carey thank you very much for the info...but here is a silly
    question..would my hard drive be my D drive? thank you for your prompt reply

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > HP Photosmart p1100 Printer driver for Windows XP (download)
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=58158&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=ps-12908-1
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Wendy" wrote:
    >
    > | I am running windowsxp home edition with sp2. My problem is that when i try
    > | to install hewlett packard photo smart 1100 from the installations cd a
    > | window opens and it says this driver is not supported on windows 2000...i
    > | have windows xp so have no clue what it is talking about but i would really
    > | appreciate some help. My dad just uninstalled it from his computer and it was
    > | working just fine. Thanking you for your time advance.

    Your hard drive is likely the C: drive.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "wendy" wrote:

    | Hi carey thank you very much for the info...but here is a silly
    | question..would my hard drive be my D drive? thank you for your prompt reply

    Hi carey...please bare with me and my computer ignorance..I did what you had
    suggested in the following posts except I chose to connect my puter with a
    parellel port...but in acutality i wanted to connect it with a usb cable is
    there any way i can go back and change my modes of connection...thank you so
    much in suggestions.

    "wendy" wrote:

    > Hi carey thank you very much for the info...but here is a silly
    > question..would my hard drive be my D drive? thank you for your prompt reply
    >
    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > HP Photosmart p1100 Printer driver for Windows XP (download)
    > > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=58158&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=ps-12908-1
    > >
    > > --
    > > Carey Frisch
    > > Microsoft MVP
    > > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > > Microsoft Newsgroups
    > >
    > > Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
    > >
    > > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > >
    > > "Wendy" wrote:
    > >
    > > | I am running windowsxp home edition with sp2. My problem is that when i try
    > > | to install hewlett packard photo smart 1100 from the installations cd a
    > > | window opens and it says this driver is not supported on windows 2000...i
    > > | have windows xp so have no clue what it is talking about but i would really
    > > | appreciate some help. My dad just uninstalled it from his computer and it was
    > > | working just fine. Thanking you for your time advance.

    Uninstall the HP printer software, then reinstall it.
    Then connect the USB Printer cable after the HP software is
    installed or prompted to do so.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Wendy" wrote:

    | Hi carey...please bare with me and my computer ignorance..I did what you had
    | suggested in the following posts except I chose to connect my puter with a
    | parellel port...but in acutality i wanted to connect it with a usb cable is
    | there any way i can go back and change my modes of connection...thank you so
    | much in suggestions.

    Hi again carey..you have got the patience of a saint...I have looked
    everywhere for the file but anyplace i find it the only option I have it to
    delete it..no uninstall. The went under search; printers/faxes; even under
    local disk and all the options are to just delete it...once again I
    appreciate your suggestions as I am far closer to installing it with you help
    than i was previously.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Uninstall the HP printer software, then reinstall it.
    > Then connect the USB Printer cable after the HP software is
    > installed or prompted to do so.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Wendy" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi carey...please bare with me and my computer ignorance..I did what you had
    > | suggested in the following posts except I chose to connect my puter with a
    > | parellel port...but in acutality i wanted to connect it with a usb cable is
    > | there any way i can go back and change my modes of connection...thank you so
    > | much in suggestions.

    Open your Control Panel and look under "Add or Remove Programs"
    for the HP software to uninstall.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Wendy" wrote:

    | Hi again carey..you have got the patience of a saint...I have looked
    | everywhere for the file but anyplace i find it the only option I have it to
    | delete it..no uninstall. The went under search; printers/faxes; even under
    | local disk and all the options are to just delete it...once again I
    | appreciate your suggestions as I am far closer to installing it with you help
    | than i was previously.
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Hi carey...I already have and there is nothing about hp or a printer being
    installed, but it is on my d: drive in a temporary folder that only has the
    options to delete it.
    thank you again

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Open your Control Panel and look under "Add or Remove Programs"
    > for the HP software to uninstall.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Wendy" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi again carey..you have got the patience of a saint...I have looked
    > | everywhere for the file but anyplace i find it the only option I have it to
    > | delete it..no uninstall. The went under search; printers/faxes; even under
    > | local disk and all the options are to just delete it...once again I
    > | appreciate your suggestions as I am far closer to installing it with you help
    > | than i was previously.

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    HP Photosmart Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Driver
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&softwareitem=ps-12908-1&lc=en&os=228&product=58158&lang=en&cc=us&docname=bpy20687

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Wendy" wrote:

    | Hi carey...I already have and there is nothing about hp or a printer being
    | installed, but it is on my d: drive in a temporary folder that only has the
    | options to delete it.
    | thank you again
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Hi once a carey...you are an angel thank you so much for your help...I didn't
    have the software fully installed so just went and reinstalled it and it
    works perfectly....thank you so much...hugs

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > HP Photosmart Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Driver
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&softwareitem=ps-12908-1&lc=en&os=228&product=58158&lang=en&cc=us&docname=bpy20687
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Wendy" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi carey...I already have and there is nothing about hp or a printer being
    > | installed, but it is on my d: drive in a temporary folder that only has the
    > | options to delete it.
    > | thank you again

Photo Printers Windows XP