Receive fax problem

I have successfully been using XP Fax for a couple years. In last 2 weeks,
though, when I receive a fax and get "successfully received a fax", the fax
is not there. I did a search for any .tif file and found one - but it was
only the cover page. I deinstalled and reinstalled XP Fax, and that did not
help. While reinstalling I got lot of Norton internet security warnings
telling me they'd protected me from an intruder.
Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Byte

Your firewall, Security or Anti-virus may be blocking it. Do some
troubleshooting in: Start>Control Panel>Security Center>Internet Options
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"korndorb" wrote:

> I have successfully been using XP Fax for a couple years. In last 2 weeks,
> though, when I receive a fax and get "successfully received a fax", the fax
> is not there. I did a search for any .tif file and found one - but it was
> only the cover page. I deinstalled and reinstalled XP Fax, and that did not
> help. While reinstalling I got lot of Norton internet security warnings
> telling me they'd protected me from an intruder.
> Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

I'm still the bug and not the windshield. I went to that "internet options",
but I saw nothing that might resolve the problem. Since I suspect it might be
something to do with Norton Internet security, my next effort is going to be
to turn that off and see if the problem is resolved. Unless someone has a
better suggestion...

"Byte" wrote:

> Your firewall, Security or Anti-virus may be blocking it. Do some
> troubleshooting in: Start>Control Panel>Security Center>Internet Options
> --
> Some days you're the windshield,
> some days you're the bug.
>

> "korndorb" wrote:
>
> > I have successfully been using XP Fax for a couple years. In last 2 weeks,
> > though, when I receive a fax and get "successfully received a fax", the fax
> > is not there. I did a search for any .tif file and found one - but it was
> > only the cover page. I deinstalled and reinstalled XP Fax, and that did not
> > help. While reinstalling I got lot of Norton internet security warnings
> > telling me they'd protected me from an intruder.
> > Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Turning off Norton Internet Security did not fix the problem. I still just
receive page 1 of multi-page faxes. Please help me.

"korndorb" wrote:

> I'm still the bug and not the windshield. I went to that "internet options",
> but I saw nothing that might resolve the problem. Since I suspect it might be
> something to do with Norton Internet security, my next effort is going to be
> to turn that off and see if the problem is resolved. Unless someone has a
> better suggestion...
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
> > Your firewall, Security or Anti-virus may be blocking it. Do some
> > troubleshooting in: Start>Control Panel>Security Center>Internet Options
> > --
> > Some days you're the windshield,
> > some days you're the bug.
> >

> > "korndorb" wrote:
> >
> > > I have successfully been using XP Fax for a couple years. In last 2 weeks,
> > > though, when I receive a fax and get "successfully received a fax", the fax
> > > is not there. I did a search for any .tif file and found one - but it was
> > > only the cover page. I deinstalled and reinstalled XP Fax, and that did not
> > > help. While reinstalling I got lot of Norton internet security warnings
> > > telling me they'd protected me from an intruder.
> > > Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Byte

I am presently stumped, for I have no additional info to give you.
I do not use XP Fax due to the many problems this app has. Suggest
you create a new post with the subject of help with XP faxing.
--

"korndorb" wrote:

> Turning off Norton Internet Security did not fix the problem. I still just
> receive page 1 of multi-page faxes. Please help me.
>
> "korndorb" wrote:
>
> > I'm still the bug and not the windshield. I went to that "internet options",
> > but I saw nothing that might resolve the problem. Since I suspect it might be
> > something to do with Norton Internet security, my next effort is going to be
> > to turn that off and see if the problem is resolved. Unless someone has a
> > better suggestion...
> >
> > "Byte" wrote:
> >
> > > Your firewall, Security or Anti-virus may be blocking it. Do some
> > > troubleshooting in: Start>Control Panel>Security Center>Internet Options
> > > --
> > > Some days you're the windshield,
> > > some days you're the bug.

Thanks for trying, Byte. I resolved the problem. I bought a brand new
Panasonic Fax machine for $40 (after rebate). As you said, XP Fax has many
problems. I've spent way more than $40 of my time trying to use that. In
fact, my past experience in the PC industry was difficult with any PC-Fax
software. But I'm not technical enough to understand why this application is
so difficult, but it seems to be.