Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Build for GW2 max/ultra settings

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 26, 2012 2:16:51 PM

Hello,
I would like a build that can play GW2 on ultra/max settings (everything on) @ 1920x1080 without being overkill on the wallet or way more than I need to accomplish this. Also, should I wait till Black Friday to purchase the parts?

What would you suggest?

Thanks for the guidance!
September 26, 2012 5:52:38 PM

Hi :) 

I suggest you ask in the correct section...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
September 26, 2012 5:59:50 PM

all these posts about system builds should really all be in system builds, half of this section is all about this now.

please please please post in system build section.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

September 27, 2012 1:39:45 PM

cachcoco said:
Hello,
I would like a build that can play GW2 on ultra/max settings (everything on) @ 1920x1080 without being overkill on the wallet or way more than I need to accomplish this. Also, should I wait till Black Friday to purchase the parts?

What would you suggest?

Thanks for the guidance!

Hello. Regarding the black friday, this is up to you, as I'm not aware of any sales ahead of time. If you can hold out till then and shop around on friday, it might be worth a few bucks to save. But this is circumstantial, so there's nothing to give advice on really.

As far as what to build, I can suggest the following build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($27.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($35.02 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($399.98 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Green 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($90.31 @ Amazon)
Total: $1107.23
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

if you do not wish to break 1k, you can take out the SSD as it won't really add any significant performance difference, it's just candy. Another thing is if you got a micro center near, you can take a trip there to pick up CPU + Mobo and save $50.
Share
September 28, 2012 3:35:00 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

I suggest you ask in the correct section...

All the best Brett :) 


Indeed! Thanks.
m
0
l
September 28, 2012 3:35:38 PM

sscultima said:
all these posts about system builds should really all be in system builds, half of this section is all about this now.

please please please post in system build section.



My bad. I'll repost. Thanks!
m
0
l
September 28, 2012 3:37:55 PM

AntiZig said:
Hello. Regarding the black friday, this is up to you, as I'm not aware of any sales ahead of time. If you can hold out till then and shop around on friday, it might be worth a few bucks to save. But this is circumstantial, so there's nothing to give advice on really.

As far as what to build, I can suggest the following build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($27.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($35.02 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($399.98 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Green 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($90.31 @ Amazon)
Total: $1107.23
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

if you do not wish to break 1k, you can take out the SSD as it won't really add any significant performance difference, it's just candy. Another thing is if you got a micro center near, you can take a trip there to pick up CPU + Mobo and save $50.




Thank you very much for your response! Lesson learned about posting in the wrong section, but your reply is very very helpful! Imma start this build as soon as the funds are available! Thanks again and be well!
m
0
l
September 28, 2012 3:40:09 PM

Best answer selected by cachcoco.
m
0
l
!