Print Screen does not Print Screen, right?

Just for the records in Windows 2000 and Windows XP you cannot use the "Print
Screen" key to send the current screen to your default printer _unless_ you
use something like Gadwin utility, right?

So Print Screen should be "Screen Capture" rather than "Print Screen"! I am
aware of the Alt+Print Screen command and would like to ask if there is a
Microsoft KB that lists all command key combinations for Print Screen.

Thanks in advance,
Mauricio Borgen

In the old days DOS, you used PRINT SCREEN key to print the content of the current screen.
Hitting PRINT SCREEN while in Windows will simply copy the full screen to the clipboard.
You can then PASTE this screen shot to any image editing program by pressing
CTRL+V ("Edit > Paste" or equivalent of PASTE).

How to PRINT SCREEN on Windows XP Computer
http://www.entity.cc/ICONS/print-screen.php

Windows Print Screen Key
http://www.seoconsultants.com/windows/tips/print-screen-key.htm

PrintDeskTop is a freeware screen print utility for Windows (95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP)
http://www.printdesktop.com/

Print Screen Deluxe 5.2 by American Systems
http://www.americansys.com/psd.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Mauricio Borgen" wrote:

| Just for the records in Windows 2000 and Windows XP you cannot use the "Print
| Screen" key to send the current screen to your default printer _unless_ you
| use something like Gadwin utility, right?
|
| So Print Screen should be "Screen Capture" rather than "Print Screen"! I am
| aware of the Alt+Print Screen command and would like to ask if there is a
| Microsoft KB that lists all command key combinations for Print Screen.
|
| Thanks in advance,
| Mauricio Borgen

Hi. I have used a screen dump which is a bit like taking a photo of your
current screen. I do this by hitting the top button on my keyboard that
reads Prt Sc___ Sys Rq, then I open a new Word Document and click the paste
icon. i don't use anything special. Is this any good to you?