getting to know your clock generator...

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I posted a couple of days ago in this forum(see "can I even oc my CPU? Compaq AXP 1500+")and only Rick Criswell replied with some advice. Is it because my comp is a Compaq? I don't seem to get many replies for my posts concerning my computer. I guess nobody really knows because everybody builds their own. Man I can't wait to upgrade!

Anyways, Rick said something about overclocking in windows. But that I need to know my clock generator on my motherboard.

Question: How do I go about finding out about my clock generator? I've already mentioned my motherboard specs(as far as I can tell) in previous posts.

I hope this isn't too newbie of a question. Please help if possible. I will really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've heard about programs that can tell you which one is used, but it's not for beginners. The easiest way is simply to look at the clock generator on the board, and read the model number from it.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>