Printer Compatibility w/XP

I have an OfficeJet 710, when I load something to scan, fax or copy the
Document Manager box does not come up. I have tried to uninstall and
reinstall the printer but that doesn't help.
I think my problem may be that when my computer was upgraded to Windows XP,
they didn't include my printer therefore, it isn't compatible with my system.
I can still copy, fax and print, but, only from the printer itself. Not
from the Document Manager.
How do I fix this?
9 answers Last reply
More about printer compatibility

    I've got a Lexmark X125 and when I try to install the data from the CD, I get
    a warning that this software has not been approved for use on Windows XP and
    could harm my computer. What must I do to install this program for this
    computer or am I going to have to leave it hooked up to an older computer?

    Lexmark X125 All-In-One Office drivers for Microsoft Windows XP:
    http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:346:0:0&emeaframe=&fileID=533

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Storm" wrote:

    | I've got a Lexmark X125 and when I try to install the data from the CD, I get
    | a warning that this software has not been approved for use on Windows XP and
    | could harm my computer. What must I do to install this program for this
    | computer or am I going to have to leave it hooked up to an older computer?

    HP OfficeJet 700 Series All-in-One Driver for Windows XP:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=58127&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-22748-1

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Tammy" wrote:

    | I have an OfficeJet 710, when I load something to scan, fax or copy the
    | Document Manager box does not come up. I have tried to uninstall and
    | reinstall the printer but that doesn't help.
    | I think my problem may be that when my computer was upgraded to Windows XP,
    | they didn't include my printer therefore, it isn't compatible with my system.
    | I can still copy, fax and print, but, only from the printer itself. Not
    | from the Document Manager.
    | How do I fix this?

    Carey, thanks for the prompt help. However, I ran into a couple of problems.
    I didn't have an icon in my "All Programs" list for the HP Officejet (in Step
    1) the only place I have anything with HPo.j. is under the Add/Remove within
    the Control Panel, and when attempting to remove that an error appeared - not
    able to remove...Continued though Step B without a problem. During Step C,
    #4, after selecting folders for the installation, images and disk space
    <Next> an error popped up "Severe There was an erro during setup. Please run
    setup again when the problem is resolved."
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > HP OfficeJet 700 Series All-in-One Driver for Windows XP:
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=58127&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-22748-1
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Tammy" wrote:
    >
    > | I have an OfficeJet 710, when I load something to scan, fax or copy the
    > | Document Manager box does not come up. I have tried to uninstall and
    > | reinstall the printer but that doesn't help.
    > | I think my problem may be that when my computer was upgraded to Windows XP,
    > | they didn't include my printer therefore, it isn't compatible with my system.
    > | I can still copy, fax and print, but, only from the printer itself. Not
    > | from the Document Manager.
    > | How do I fix this?

    Tammy, you need to disconnect the printer, look in Add/Remove Programs and
    Uninstall the software.

    Reboot the PC and start again. Run the install software you downloaded from
    HP and do not connect the printer to the PC until the software tells you to
    do so.

    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Carey, thanks for the prompt help. However, I ran into a couple of
    > problems.
    > I didn't have an icon in my "All Programs" list for the HP Officejet (in
    > Step
    > 1) the only place I have anything with HPo.j. is under the Add/Remove
    > within
    > the Control Panel, and when attempting to remove that an error appeared -
    > not
    > able to remove...Continued though Step B without a problem. During Step C,
    > #4, after selecting folders for the installation, images and disk space
    > <Next> an error popped up "Severe There was an erro during setup. Please
    > run
    > setup again when the problem is resolved."
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks.
    >
    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> HP OfficeJet 700 Series All-in-One Driver for Windows XP:
    >> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=58127&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-22748-1
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >> Microsoft Newsgroups

    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

    >> "Tammy" wrote:
    >>
    >> | I have an OfficeJet 710, when I load something to scan, fax or copy the
    >> | Document Manager box does not come up. I have tried to uninstall and
    >> | reinstall the printer but that doesn't help.
    >> | I think my problem may be that when my computer was upgraded to Windows
    >> XP,
    >> | they didn't include my printer therefore, it isn't compatible with my
    >> system.
    >> | I can still copy, fax and print, but, only from the printer itself.
    >> Not
    >> | from the Document Manager.
    >> | How do I fix this?

    Life is full of it's challenges.
    I have tried what you suggested and when I do, the Uninstall Wizard opens up
    and then an error box joins the party. "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard2\HP
    OfficeJet Series 700\uninst.isu is not valid or the data has been corrupted."
    When I checked my C drive I found that I have a "HP" and "HP2" directory?
    Don't ask me how I got two, and the dates are the same 6/21/05 - that date
    doesn't make any sense and holds no value to me.
    The program just won't uninstall. Is there someplace I can just get that
    particular protion of the file?
    I wish I could say when this whole problem actually started, but I don't
    really recall if I have tried to use the Scanner and all since I had xp
    installed.
    Thanks again for all of your help.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Tammy, you need to disconnect the printer, look in Add/Remove Programs and
    > Uninstall the software.
    >
    > Reboot the PC and start again. Run the install software you downloaded from
    > HP and do not connect the printer to the PC until the software tells you to
    > do so.
    >

    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Carey, thanks for the prompt help. However, I ran into a couple of
    > > problems.
    > > I didn't have an icon in my "All Programs" list for the HP Officejet (in
    > > Step
    > > 1) the only place I have anything with HPo.j. is under the Add/Remove
    > > within
    > > the Control Panel, and when attempting to remove that an error appeared -
    > > not
    > > able to remove...Continued though Step B without a problem. During Step C,
    > > #4, after selecting folders for the installation, images and disk space
    > > <Next> an error popped up "Severe There was an erro during setup. Please
    > > run
    > > setup again when the problem is resolved."
    > > Any ideas?
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> HP OfficeJet 700 Series All-in-One Driver for Windows XP:
    > >> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?dlc=en&lc=en&os=228&product=58127&lang=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-22748-1
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Carey Frisch
    > >> Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    > >> Microsoft Newsgroups
    > >>
    > >> Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
    > >>
    > >> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    > >> XP,
    > >> system.
    > >> Not

    Have a look at the HP website and see if they have an uninstall package for
    your OfficeJet. www.hp.com It will be in the Drivers section.
    --

    > Life is full of it's challenges.
    > I have tried what you suggested and when I do, the Uninstall Wizard opens
    > up
    > and then an error box joins the party. "C:\Program
    > Files\Hewlett-Packard2\HP
    > OfficeJet Series 700\uninst.isu is not valid or the data has been
    > corrupted."
    > When I checked my C drive I found that I have a "HP" and "HP2" directory?
    > Don't ask me how I got two, and the dates are the same 6/21/05 - that date
    > doesn't make any sense and holds no value to me.
    > The program just won't uninstall. Is there someplace I can just get that
    > particular protion of the file?
    > I wish I could say when this whole problem actually started, but I don't
    > really recall if I have tried to use the Scanner and all since I had xp
    > installed.
    > Thanks again for all of your help.
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Tammy, you need to disconnect the printer, look in Add/Remove Programs
    >> and
    >> Uninstall the software.
    >>
    >> Reboot the PC and start again. Run the install software you downloaded
    >> from
    >> HP and do not connect the printer to the PC until the software tells you
    >> do so.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Carey, thanks for the prompt help. However, I ran into a couple of
    >> > problems.
    >> > I didn't have an icon in my "All Programs" list for the HP Officejet
    >> > (in
    >> > Step
    >> > 1) the only place I have anything with HPo.j. is under the Add/Remove
    >> > within
    >> > the Control Panel, and when attempting to remove that an error
    >> > appeared -
    >> > not
    >> > able to remove...Continued though Step B without a problem. During Step
    >> > C,
    >> > #4, after selecting folders for the installation, images and disk space
    >> > <Next> an error popped up "Severe There was an erro during setup.
    >> > Please
    >> > run
    >> > setup again when the problem is resolved."
    >> > Any ideas?
    >> > Thanks.

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Can this problem get any worse?? Although there was not an unistall package
    available there were manual uninstall directions. Now that I am in
    reinstalling using the new file, it gets into the install wizard portion
    where all files are opening and a new error appears and forces the process to
    close. I clicked on the box to identify more information about the error and
    it appears to be a problem with "_ins5176._mp" what is this? and is there
    any hope, now the only use for the printer appears to be a paper weight. :)

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Have a look at the HP website and see if they have an uninstall package for
    > your OfficeJet. www.hp.com It will be in the Drivers section.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Life is full of it's challenges.
    > > I have tried what you suggested and when I do, the Uninstall Wizard opens
    > > up
    > > and then an error box joins the party. "C:\Program
    > > Files\Hewlett-Packard2\HP
    > > OfficeJet Series 700\uninst.isu is not valid or the data has been
    > > corrupted."
    > > When I checked my C drive I found that I have a "HP" and "HP2" directory?
    > > Don't ask me how I got two, and the dates are the same 6/21/05 - that date
    > > doesn't make any sense and holds no value to me.
    > > The program just won't uninstall. Is there someplace I can just get that
    > > particular protion of the file?
    > > I wish I could say when this whole problem actually started, but I don't
    > > really recall if I have tried to use the Scanner and all since I had xp
    > > installed.
    > > Thanks again for all of your help.
    > >
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Tammy, you need to disconnect the printer, look in Add/Remove Programs
    > >> and
    > >> Uninstall the software.
    > >>
    > >> Reboot the PC and start again. Run the install software you downloaded
    > >> from
    > >> HP and do not connect the printer to the PC until the software tells you
    > >> do so.
    > >>

    > >> --
    > >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    > >> Printing & Imaging
    > >>

    > >> "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Delete your Temporary Files.... run a Disk Cleanup and then Reboot the PC.
    Run a complete antivirus scan with updated signatures.

    Then try the install again.
    --

    > Can this problem get any worse?? Although there was not an unistall
    > package
    > available there were manual uninstall directions. Now that I am in
    > reinstalling using the new file, it gets into the install wizard portion
    > where all files are opening and a new error appears and forces the process
    > close. I clicked on the box to identify more information about the error
    > and
    > it appears to be a problem with "_ins5176._mp" what is this? and is there
    > any hope, now the only use for the printer appears to be a paper weight.
    > :)
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Have a look at the HP website and see if they have an uninstall package
    >> for
    >> your OfficeJet. www.hp.com It will be in the Drivers section.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "Tammy" <Tammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Life is full of it's challenges.
    >> > I have tried what you suggested and when I do, the Uninstall Wizard
    >> > opens
    >> > up
    >> > and then an error box joins the party. "C:\Program
    >> > Files\Hewlett-Packard2\HP
    >> > OfficeJet Series 700\uninst.isu is not valid or the data has been
    >> > corrupted."
    >> > When I checked my C drive I found that I have a "HP" and "HP2"
    >> > directory?
    >> > Don't ask me how I got two, and the dates are the same 6/21/05 - that
    >> > date
    >> > doesn't make any sense and holds no value to me.
    >> > The program just won't uninstall. Is there someplace I can just get
    >> > that
    >> > particular protion of the file?
    >> > I wish I could say when this whole problem actually started, but I
    >> > don't
    >> > really recall if I have tried to use the Scanner and all since I had xp
    >> > installed.
    >> > Thanks again for all of your help.

Fax Printers Compatibility Windows XP