EQ2: Fun With No Level Limit on Zones

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

I must have missed the patch notes that said they removed the level
limits on the zones, but boy is it fun :) This weekend, we helped a
level 29 Inq do her JBoots. We had a pretty decent train in both EL
and Zek, but nothing compared to the one in Feer =) It was hilarious.
We had her escorted by three level 50s (assassin, dirge, templar). The
assassin led the way, the dirge and templar were right behind the level
29 to provide dirge speed and reactives. The dirge was casting buffs
constantly to pull the mobs away from her and get them on him. That
was our second attempt at finishing that track - the first time we
weren't really set up, with a 36 conj, 44 conj, 50 dirge and the 29
inq. The mobs beat her up rather early, which is why the conjs
switched to their mains (after completing the quest for themselves).

Overall, it was a blast. I think tonight I am going to try to get my
level 37 conj up to the portal by SE. That should make it slightly
easier to beg a group of 50s to take me into SE with them once I hit 38
;)

"scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I must have missed the patch notes that said they removed the level
> limits on the zones, but boy is it fun :) This weekend, we helped a
> level 29 Inq do her JBoots. We had a pretty decent train in both EL
> and Zek, but nothing compared to the one in Feer =) It was hilarious.
> We had her escorted by three level 50s (assassin, dirge, templar). The
> assassin led the way, the dirge and templar were right behind the level
> 29 to provide dirge speed and reactives. The dirge was casting buffs
> constantly to pull the mobs away from her and get them on him. That
> was our second attempt at finishing that track - the first time we
> weren't really set up, with a 36 conj, 44 conj, 50 dirge and the 29
> inq. The mobs beat her up rather early, which is why the conjs
> switched to their mains (after completing the quest for themselves).
>
> Overall, it was a blast. I think tonight I am going to try to get my
> level 37 conj up to the portal by SE. That should make it slightly
> easier to beg a group of 50s to take me into SE with them once I hit 38
> ;)

We ran a group of mid 20's - 30's through with a 48 dirge as a lead.
It certainly was heaps of fun and made more enjoyable by the fact that alot
of stuff was red starting in EL ;)

stevo

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

Just finished Boots quest; me Lvl 35 Wizard with a Level 35 Ranger in the
lead. Wolf totem and pathfinding were enough to get us through (Charger no
good becuase of the water hazards), luckily didn't have too much of a
problem with the train in Feerott - but had to do it twice because of a
missed update!! Hardest I thought was Zek run

Have to shelve the boots now until (I think??) Lvl 42!

Bradamante
35 Wizard, The Power of Three, Lavastorm

"Pamela :)" <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote in message

> "scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I must have missed the patch notes that said they removed the level
>> limits on the zones, but boy is it fun :) This weekend, we helped a
>> level 29 Inq do her JBoots. We had a pretty decent train in both EL
>> and Zek, but nothing compared to the one in Feer =) It was hilarious.
>> We had her escorted by three level 50s (assassin, dirge, templar). The
>> assassin led the way, the dirge and templar were right behind the level
>> 29 to provide dirge speed and reactives. The dirge was casting buffs
>> constantly to pull the mobs away from her and get them on him. That
>> was our second attempt at finishing that track - the first time we
>> weren't really set up, with a 36 conj, 44 conj, 50 dirge and the 29
>> inq. The mobs beat her up rather early, which is why the conjs
>> switched to their mains (after completing the quest for themselves).
>>
>> Overall, it was a blast. I think tonight I am going to try to get my
>> level 37 conj up to the portal by SE. That should make it slightly
>> easier to beg a group of 50s to take me into SE with them once I hit 38
>> ;)
>>

> We ran a group of mid 20's - 30's through with a 48 dirge as a lead.
> It certainly was heaps of fun and made more enjoyable by the fact that
> alot
> of stuff was red starting in EL ;)

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

That was the main reason I left EQ2. It totally divided my guild in
several sections (those with access to Zek, those with access to EL,
those with no access, etc). So every time we wanted to go to Zek,
someone couldn't so we ended up (for the 10th time) helping someone get
their access. And when all finally could get in those places, then it
was time to go through the process all over again with Feerrot and the
other place. Really stupid decision. Sadly, they realized how stupid
it was after me and my guild faded away into WoW or GW or CoH.

On 28 Jul 2005 11:18:42 -0700, "wolfing" <wolfing1@yahoo.com> wrote:

>That was the main reason I left EQ2. It totally divided my guild in
>several sections (those with access to Zek, those with access to EL,
>those with no access, etc). So every time we wanted to go to Zek,
>someone couldn't so we ended up (for the 10th time) helping someone get
>their access. And when all finally could get in those places, then it
>was time to go through the process all over again with Feerrot and the
>other place. Really stupid decision. Sadly, they realized how stupid
>it was after me and my guild faded away into WoW or GW or CoH.

One would think they have learned something form EQ,but no.
New game,same old stupid design. *shakes head*

Meldur