Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

32-bit launcher

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
October 25, 2010 6:58:01 AM

Hello,
i have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version. there is only one program that i cannot install because i get an error message. the error "32-bit setup launcher has stopped working" how do i get around that or fix it?

More about : bit launcher

a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2010 11:15:57 AM

What program is this?
Score
0
October 26, 2010 12:00:15 AM

Herr_Koos said:
What program is this?


Its a "Folio" libraries program. I have another Bible program that is running with Folio, "Audio Bible" and that installed fine.
Score
0
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 26, 2010 7:09:57 AM

You could try running the program as an Administrator, and change Compatibility settings to an earlier version of Windows, say XP. Give me a shout if you don't know how to do that.
Score
0
October 26, 2010 9:22:30 AM

Herr_Koos said:
You could try running the program as an Administrator, and change Compatibility settings to an earlier version of Windows, say XP. Give me a shout if you don't know how to do that.


Yeah I tried that and it did not work either.
Score
0
October 26, 2010 11:16:03 AM

I also went through the Windows on-board help thing and after all of it the thing said the application is incompatible. I could understand it it was a mac set-up but this is really a windows disk with executable file and all.
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
October 26, 2010 11:57:42 AM

Some older applications will not work on Windows 7; there are very few of them but still. Is there an updated version of the program that you can try?
Score
0
October 27, 2010 5:24:06 AM

Herr_Koos said:
Some older applications will not work on Windows 7; there are very few of them but still. Is there an updated version of the program that you can try?

thanks for your help. i will look into an up-date... so does that mean there is no way to keep the setup launcher working?
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
October 27, 2010 8:09:24 AM

I can't say for sure. Microsoft occasionally release updates to Windows 7 that improve compatibility. The latest one came out just yesterday.
Score
0
November 20, 2011 7:06:41 PM

davidsjahn said:
Hello,
i have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version. there is only one program that i cannot install because i get an error message. the error "32-bit setup launcher has stopped working" how do i get around that or fix it?

Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
November 20, 2011 11:30:07 PM

This thread is over a year old, trikaal_02. Make your own brand new thread.
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
November 20, 2011 11:30:22 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
0
!