Missing USB port for printer Epson

July 5, 2005 5:11:02 PM

With the Epson printer Styles C66 i had the problem that i couldn'd install
it. I get back "RPC server failed". With the program cleanspl.exe i almost
fixed the problem. But i deleted one file to many. Now i have the problem
that i cant get the printer installed on a USB port. LPT1 is no problem but
it is a USB printer, so it wont work.
If i connect another apparatus on the same USB port it is working, so the
USB ports are not defective. The printer is detected when switched on bij
Windows XP. installation is no problem but not on a USB port.

Whats the solution?
Thanks in advance.
Rob
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 10:12:19 PM

Did you download a new set of drivers from Epson. (www.epson.com)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With the Epson printer Styles C66 i had the problem that i couldn'd
> install
> it. I get back "RPC server failed". With the program cleanspl.exe i almost
> fixed the problem. But i deleted one file to many. Now i have the problem
> that i cant get the printer installed on a USB port. LPT1 is no problem
> but
> it is a USB printer, so it wont work.
> If i connect another apparatus on the same USB port it is working, so the
> USB ports are not defective. The printer is detected when switched on bij
> Windows XP. installation is no problem but not on a USB port.
>
> Whats the solution?
> Thanks in advance.
> Rob
July 6, 2005 3:35:04 PM

Yes I did, there was no diference. The problem now is that the printer is
installed on LPT1 and not on a USB port. So it is not working since it is a
USB printer.
In the menu of the printer settings I can choose: LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, COM 1,
Com 2, COM 3, and FILE. I should have the possabilaty to choose a USB port.
--
Rob

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did you download a new set of drivers from Epson. (www.epson.com)
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > With the Epson printer Styles C66 i had the problem that i couldn'd
> > install
> > it. I get back "RPC server failed". With the program cleanspl.exe i almost
> > fixed the problem. But i deleted one file to many. Now i have the problem
> > that i cant get the printer installed on a USB port. LPT1 is no problem
> > but
> > it is a USB printer, so it wont work.
> > If i connect another apparatus on the same USB port it is working, so the
> > USB ports are not defective. The printer is detected when switched on bij
> > Windows XP. installation is no problem but not on a USB port.
> >
> > Whats the solution?
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Rob

July 6, 2005 4:49:10 PM

In Device Manager, use the Toolbar to view hidden devices... is USB printing
support listed?
--

> Yes I did, there was no diference. The problem now is that the printer is
> installed on LPT1 and not on a USB port. So it is not working since it is
> USB printer.
> In the menu of the printer settings I can choose: LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, COM 1,
> Com 2, COM 3, and FILE. I should have the possabilaty to choose a USB
> port.
> --
> Rob
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Did you download a new set of drivers from Epson. (www.epson.com)
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>

>> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > With the Epson printer Styles C66 i had the problem that i couldn'd
>> > install
>> > it. I get back "RPC server failed". With the program cleanspl.exe i
>> > almost
>> > fixed the problem. But i deleted one file to many. Now i have the
>> > problem
>> > that i cant get the printer installed on a USB port. LPT1 is no problem
>> > but
>> > it is a USB printer, so it wont work.
>> > If i connect another apparatus on the same USB port it is working, so
>> > the
>> > USB ports are not defective. The printer is detected when switched on
>> > bij
>> > Windows XP. installation is no problem but not on a USB port.
>> >
>> > Whats the solution?
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> > Rob

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 9:25:48 PM

You might have to do an in-place repair install of XP. See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Yes I did, there was no diference. The problem now is that the printer
is
: installed on LPT1 and not on a USB port. So it is not working since
it is a
: USB printer.
: In the menu of the printer settings I can choose: LPT1, LPT2, LPT3,
COM 1,
: Com 2, COM 3, and FILE. I should have the possabilaty to choose a USB
port.
: --
: Rob
:
:
: "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
:
: > Did you download a new set of drivers from Epson. (www.epson.com)
: > --
: > Cari (MS-MVP)
: > Printing & Imaging
: >
: >
: >
[...]
: > >
: > > Whats the solution?
: > > Thanks in advance.
: > > Rob
: >
: >
: >
July 7, 2005 5:04:10 PM

Yes, USB printing support is listed and the printer is connected to the USB
printing support. (view; divices on connection) (this is translated from
dutch, so in english it can differ a little)
In the printersettings I can make a port, so I can change from LPT1 to the
port I made extra. But what kind of port should I make for a USB connection?
The choises I get are: local port; LPR port; standard TCP/IP port. If I
choose local port, what is the name and configuration for this port to make
it a USB port.
--
Rob

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> In Device Manager, use the Toolbar to view hidden devices... is USB printing
> support listed?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes I did, there was no diference. The problem now is that the printer is
> > installed on LPT1 and not on a USB port. So it is not working since it is
> > USB printer.
> > In the menu of the printer settings I can choose: LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, COM 1,
> > Com 2, COM 3, and FILE. I should have the possabilaty to choose a USB
> > port.
> > --
> > Rob
> >

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you download a new set of drivers from Epson. (www.epson.com)
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Printing & Imaging
> >>

> >> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

July 7, 2005 5:10:03 PM

Tom,

I wil do so if al my other options have failed, what I understood from the
page from Microsoft there are a lot off things that can go wrong when you
make a repair. Thanx anyway for your help.
--
Rob

"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> You might have to do an in-place repair install of XP. See
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341
>
> Tom
> MSMVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : Yes I did, there was no diference. The problem now is that the printer
> is
> : installed on LPT1 and not on a USB port. So it is not working since
> it is a
> : USB printer.
> : In the menu of the printer settings I can choose: LPT1, LPT2, LPT3,
> COM 1,
> : Com 2, COM 3, and FILE. I should have the possabilaty to choose a USB
> port.
> : --
> : Rob
> :
> :
> : "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> :
> : > Did you download a new set of drivers from Epson. (www.epson.com)
> : > --
> : > Cari (MS-MVP)
> : > Printing & Imaging
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : > "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : > news:44584845-BCE7-4312-821E-9D8E8F7785B6@microsoft.com...
> : > > With the Epson printer Styles C66 i had the problem that i
> couldn'd
> : > > install
> : > > it. I get back "RPC server failed". With the program cleanspl.exe
> i almost
> : > > fixed the problem. But i deleted one file to many. Now i have the
> problem
> : > > that i cant get the printer installed on a USB port. LPT1 is no
> problem
> : > > but
> : > > it is a USB printer, so it wont work.
> : > > If i connect another apparatus on the same USB port it is working,
> so the
> : > > USB ports are not defective. The printer is detected when switched
> on bij
> : > > Windows XP. installation is no problem but not on a USB port.
> : > >
> : > > Whats the solution?
> : > > Thanks in advance.
> : > > Rob
> : >
> : >
> : >

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 1:53:51 AM

Yes, and many things can go wrong if you drive in your car down any
street or highway.

I have found the booting from the CD and doing an install in place over
the previous install poses few actual problems. Just be sure to:

-Back up critical user data;
-Make sure you have access to all program install files.

Aside from that, when the initial series of screens gives you a list of
partitions (only one unless you multi-boot), choose recovery and the
present partition.

At any rate, it gives a workable option.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Tom,
:
: "Tom Ferguson" wrote:
:
[...]
: > : --
: > : Rob
: > :
: > :
: > : "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
: > :
: > : > Did you download a new set of drivers from Epson.
(www.epson.com)
: > : > --
: > : > Cari (MS-MVP)
: > : > Printing & Imaging
[...]