papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
alright my previous thread was getting kinda crowded and I am one for order so I decided to make this one to tell you all this. after hours worth of work and study, I finaly posted at 1.9ghz! yes, my xp 1800 was recognized as a 2400 by my epox 8k3a and I think it would go further if I could unlock my multiplier, at 1.9ghz the ram (pc 3200) was running at 412mhz! it is ocz so I was very surprised, it would go at cas 2 up to 402mhz, just wanted to share my happiness, it will boot at 1805mhz from the bios adjustments but it is not stable, and to get it any faster in windows I have to use a software fsb adjuster program. so far it runs 3d mark at 1.84ghz but proved unstable when I looped it.

Life (n). A sexually transmitted disease which afflicts some people more severly than others.

icy_oblivion

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I can't wait till I get a new computer that I can oc the sh!t out of.

I crossed the line into insanity so long ago I no longer have any idea which way to go to get further from the line.

svol

Champion
That is a very nice OC.
What are you using for cooling. And why didn't you unlocked the CPU yet... something wrong with unlocking, or can't you find conductive paint?

My peltier is so powerful I get Bose-Einstein Condensate beneath it :eek: .

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
Congrats! but please more info if you don't mind...
Vcore, CPU codes, temps, coolings. I'm really jealous.

<b>(<font color=yellow>as good as it looks</font color=yellow>)</b>

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
gladly, vcore is 2.2v I am using a volcano 7 moded to full fan speed with arctic silver 3 of course, cpu temp stays around 50-55c at 1.8ghz but it just isnt very stable, what is wierd is my enermax front temp leds\harddrive cooler is getting a lower temp than my motherboard, it is an average of 7 degrees c cooler than the mobo, no air is blowing over it and it is taped to the edge of the cpu die so as not to affect cooling, I would think it would read a higher temp... unless the underside of the cpu is getting warmer, maybe a pin hole into the board could help aleviate that problem... it is all in an antec\chieftec case sx1030 by antecs name and I have 3 80mm intake fans and 3 80mm exaust fans (a transparent fan in the window sucks in and an enermax clear bladed fan is my blowhole fan, I decided to make the blowhole have clear fins so I could see the blue glow from my cathode come from the top too) I have an 80mm fan screwed onto my chaintec geforce 3 ti 200 128mb of ram, I replaced the dingy old standard video cooling fan for it for obvious reasons and it fits nicely on the huge heatsink which is also using arctic silver 3, that video card overclocks like a dream, I am getting 240mhz core and 190mhz ram from it, the overclocking software wont let me go higher, cursed coolbit. I increased the dimm voltage .3v for stability and put a heatsink on the south bridge just in case my onboard pci devices should try and fail at high fsb speeds. I have a turbolink 500watt power supply modded to have dual 80mm fans, one of its fans is right near the cpu wich helps with cooling, the outside fan of the psu is my favorite, you know that standard potmetal grill that is on almost every power supply? well I got out the wire cutters and I cut that thing off and filed down the edges, then I replaced the shitty generic 80mm fan with a transparent fan and put a gold fan grill on it. the blue light goes through it too. lol I have heatsinks on the backside of my video card too, I pulled them off my old hercules geforce 2 ti, at least the ram sinks, I put a 40 mm fan on the backside of the gpu so it is chilly. the ram is ocz pc3200 which everyone hates but me it seems, I must have gotten the only good stick by the reports I have read of it, it has a copper heat spreader on it which is good with all the voltage I am pumping into it. I have another 2 80mm fans on my harddrive cooler. oh and the hard drive is an ibm deskstar 60gxp 60gb in two partitions running windows xp, I have some shpoopy hp 12 burner and my pioneer slot drive too. cant think of anything else I love bragging about it as I have spent so much work getting it and putting it together the way I like, I had to deal with such a piece of crap for so long, sory if I talked your ears off, or wrote your eyes out rather lol.

Life (n). A sexually transmitted disease which afflicts some people more severly than others.

svol

Champion
You use the coolbit registry hack?
I started using the GeForce OC reg key but after I installed RivaTuner I could OC my card even higher, also after removing the RivaTuner the Clockfrequenties tab under driver options remained giving me higher values.

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
How high can you OC the video card?
The coolbits hack is giving me 25 % OC which is enough at least for memory (24% memory OC results in artifacts)

svol

Champion
Well if I wanted I could clock my old GeForce2 MX to 300/300... not that it would hold it.
I don't know with my current card... but with RivaTuner you can always clock higher then 25%: my GeForce4 memory can go from 444 to 630.

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
Very nice OC! just for the record, how far can you push your XP using Vcore 1.9-2.0?

I am using a volcano 7 moded to full fan speed
I have 3 80mm intake fans and 3 80mm exaust fans
You got a jet engine in your room! :smile:

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
lol a jet engine? my bro has got a dragon orb 2 on his xp, the thing is soo loud that I cant even hear mine, and it sux at cooling it is always overheating and shutting off. at 1.9-2.v I have no Idea, it has been a while since I ran it that low, I think it was around 1.7ghz with 2v