Extended Status: Fatal error upon attempt to send fax

July 7, 2005 12:13:02 PM

I am running Win XP pro (5.1 build 2600), nothing fancy, no SBS, server,
etc.. On a Dell Demension 4600. The fax module was functioning without
problems until I went to use it the other day. I attempted to fax and this
is what happened. The wizard did what it was supposed to, I had a dial tone,
modems shook hands (although I noted a longer than usual pause before the
pages began to send) just after this point, the transmission stopped, and the
above registered in the fax console.

Event viewer listed 32028 as an event when this happened. I have tried
repeatedly to send faxes since then both to a known number as well as my
original receipient resulting in the event code.

In the Administrative Tools-services, Fax is started, type:automatic, log on
as: local system.

I just installed Norton AV 2005 so I tried to system restore to before then,
but was unable to restoe to a point before the AV installation. I have
uninstalled and reinstalled the fax (control panel-add remove prog.) using
the source CD. Did not help. I went to this group and saw a suggestion to
modify the program settings for Norton Netspy Trogan Horse, followed the url,
no change in behavior.

Please help, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ck
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 9:23:18 PM

Symantec products are notorious for disabling Windows XP Fax.
Check with them.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]