20 pages into 14+1+5

When I go to print a 20 page document, it sends 14 pages, then 1, then 5. I
caught it breaking up the document when I sent it to the Adobe Acrobat
printer, which asked me to name three separate documents to complete the 20
page send. It also happens when I ask for multiple copies of a 20 page
collated document to a laser printer. Sometimes it prints the first 14 pages
multiple times, and then the last 6 multiple times, but not always. Really
unusual. It started this unusual behavior after I attempted to install Wyse
Rapport 4.0 software on my computer, which included a SQL server. The
install of Rapport aborted, and I removed all signs of the attempted install
from my computer to the best of my abilites. The unusual print response
started after that day. Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about pages

    Did you try a System Restore to the point before you tried to install Wyse?

    Did you try reinstalling Adobe Acrobat?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "RLR" <RLR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I go to print a 20 page document, it sends 14 pages, then 1, then 5.
    > caught it breaking up the document when I sent it to the Adobe Acrobat
    > printer, which asked me to name three separate documents to complete the
    > 20
    > page send. It also happens when I ask for multiple copies of a 20 page
    > collated document to a laser printer. Sometimes it prints the first 14
    > pages
    > multiple times, and then the last 6 multiple times, but not always.
    > Really
    > unusual. It started this unusual behavior after I attempted to install
    > Wyse
    > Rapport 4.0 software on my computer, which included a SQL server. The
    > install of Rapport aborted, and I removed all signs of the attempted
    > install
    > from my computer to the best of my abilites. The unusual print response
    > started after that day. Any ideas?

    Cari -

    I have reinstalled Acrobat from scratch, with the same result when printing
    a document to the Acrobat printer. Since the problem occurs when I send
    multiple copies to a hard printer also, I think the issue is elsewhere. I
    have tried 3 different restore points, and always get the message that the
    system cannot be restored, select a different system restore point. I got
    that message a long time ago when I first upgraded to XP SR1, but I never
    spent the time to troubleshoot the issue. It appears to be an ongoing
    problem with System Restore on my computer.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Did you try a System Restore to the point before you tried to install Wyse?
    >
    > Did you try reinstalling Adobe Acrobat?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "RLR" <RLR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I go to print a 20 page document, it sends 14 pages, then 1, then 5.
    > > caught it breaking up the document when I sent it to the Adobe Acrobat
    > > printer, which asked me to name three separate documents to complete the
    > > 20
    > > page send. It also happens when I ask for multiple copies of a 20 page
    > > collated document to a laser printer. Sometimes it prints the first 14
    > > pages
    > > multiple times, and then the last 6 multiple times, but not always.
    > > Really
    > > unusual. It started this unusual behavior after I attempted to install
    > > Wyse
    > > Rapport 4.0 software on my computer, which included a SQL server. The
    > > install of Rapport aborted, and I removed all signs of the attempted
    > > install
    > > from my computer to the best of my abilites. The unusual print response
    > > started after that day. Any ideas?

Document Windows XP