XP Pro printing prob

July 8, 2005 4:31:26 PM

Hello all, I am having an issue when I am trying to print to a network
printer from a WindowsXP Pro machine. A few issues but I have a feeling
they might all be related. If I try to print to a envelope on this printer,
when I go into "envelopes and labels" in MS Word the Print button is greyed
out. The printer is installed on the machine and I can print a test page.
But when I go into the printer properties I usually get an error that says,
"Function address 0x26b40ea caused a protection fault. (exception code
0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed." I am totally
lost on this, any help would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks,

Zagman13

More about : pro printing prob

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 5:07:06 PM

What print driver? The driver is causing a failure in explorer.exe when
opening the printer properties.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Zagman13" <zagman13@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all, I am having an issue when I am trying to print to a network
> printer from a WindowsXP Pro machine. A few issues but I have a feeling
> they might all be related. If I try to print to a envelope on this
printer,
> when I go into "envelopes and labels" in MS Word the Print button is
greyed
> out. The printer is installed on the machine and I can print a test page.
> But when I go into the printer properties I usually get an error that
says,
> "Function address 0x26b40ea caused a protection fault. (exception code
> 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed." I am
totally
> lost on this, any help would be greatly appriciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zagman13

July 13, 2005 2:54:02 PM

Uninstall & reinstall Printer. DO NOT plug it in until told to do so. All the
files for the printer to properly operate are not installed.
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

!