Coolermaster IHC-L71

Goaty

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002
I've checked out the FrostyTech site and the Coolermaster IHC-H71 was the number 2 rated fan for cooling but one of the noisiest too. The Fan RPM was 6000. There is now a silent version available called IHC-L71 with a 2500RPM fan speed. Obviously this is going to have an effect on the overall performance but how much. I want a good performer like the IHC-H71 but the noise of a Zalman 6500b CU. You probably guesed looks is kinda on my list too ;-)

I plan on getting the ASIII to acompany whatever I get.

-= LtZ GoAtFaCe =-

AKA - "Goaty" because there's another Goatface :-(

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
What do you intend to do with your machine?

1. Are you going to overclock or normal operation?

2. In you are not going to OC, are you looking for better cooling than the stock heatsink and fan combo that comes with a retail CPU?

If no to both questions, don't get another HSF (Heat-Sink Fan) combo other than a stock cooler.

If yes to either one, what are your intentions? There are other coolers that can do the job and limiting yourself to either of those two heavyweights would be a mistake.

Back to you...

<b>"If I melt dry ice in a bathtub, can I take a bath without getting wet?" - Steven Wright</b>

Goaty

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002
Hi,

Well I like to keep my options open. I do like to have good spec components where I can. Although I must admit the FrostyTech review does rate the Intel Stock HSF quite high. I just brought myself the Giga-byte GA-8IEXP MobBo which I understand is highly overclockable. I intend to buy myself a P4 2.53 CPU FSB 533, now they are more affordable. I also understanding this has plenty of headroom for overcloking. Overclocking is an area I might dabble in so figured I should have a HSF already upto the job.Not something I've done before. Plus I do have a weak spot for good looking components as long as they are still good performers. A bit of a tart with what I put into my Coolermaster ATC-201 ;-)

-= LtZ GoAtFaCe =-

AKA - "Goaty" because there's another Goatface :-(