Error Loading Quake pak011.pk4

alphaomegaada

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
I am installing Quake 4 on my new laptop running Windows 7 and I keep encountering a loading error with file, pak011.pk4 and can't seem to correct this. Can someone assist me with this install problem?

alphaomegaada

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
thanks for your reply. No. It isn't a backup of Quake. I extracted the iso for quake and burned all the files and folders onto a DVD disk. I installed all but when I ran it, there was an error regarding Macromedia. So I uninstalled it and installed it again by right clicking on the setup.exe file and running it as ADMINISTRATOR. This is where I encounter the error with the pak011.pk4 file.

Can you tell me the best way to install Quake? I am running Windows 7

Thanx

alphaomegaada

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Thank you for this help. I downloaded/installed daemon tools and was able to reinstall Quake w/o previous displayed errors & delayed time. It started but required the DVD disk, and tells me to put it in the drive and restart the application.

I will read over Daemon Tools on how to use it with iso files so that I can run Quake. But if you can help me with those steps I would greatly appreciate it. What I did do was, re-installed Quake, then Mounted the iso on a DVD-RW disk. But haven't been able to get Quake to run from my desktop icon w/disk in drive.

Thanks for your help. Of all the thousands of games, Quake is the only one I play. By the way, I am running Win 7

alphaomegaada

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Added to...

Thank you for this help. I downloaded/installed daemon tools and was able to reinstall Quake w/o previous displayed errors & delayed time. It started but required the DVD disk, and tells me to put it in the drive and restart the application.

I will read over Daemon Tools on how to use it with iso files so that I can run Quake. But if you can help me with those steps I would greatly appreciate it. What I did do was, re-installed Quake, then Mounted the iso on a DVD-RW disk. But haven't been able to get Quake to run from my desktop icon w/disk in drive.

Using Daemon Tools (DT) and having mounted Quake as a virtual drive (if correct because I see it in My Computer), through DT when I run Quake.exe I get, "library not registered" and the OK button doesn't work - I have to use the X to close the window. At this point another window tells me that Splash Screen has stopped working. This is as far as I have been able to get with Quake.

Thanks for your help. Of all the thousands of games, Quake is the only one I play. By the way, I am running Win 7