Microsoft Fax Not Working

Hi, I am having Microsoft Fax Services installed in Windows2003 and I
am having problem of sending out fax to other countries which always
give me an error of "Fatal Error", most of the fax that sent out
within my country can be sent out except few have this problems.
I am quite new in the Microsoft Fax, can anybody help?
Thanks in advance

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-Microsoft-Working-ftopict395154.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1301689
4 answers Last reply
More about microsoft working

    State more clearly the Fax program you are using and the method by which you
    are sending the fax, including the format of the fax numbers and your
    dialing rules.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    "" wrote:
    > State more clearly the Fax program you are using and the
    > method by which you
    > are sending the fax, including the format of the fax numbers
    > and your
    > dialing rules.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "VincentGME" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in
    > message
    > > Hi, I am having Microsoft Fax Services installed in
    > Windows2003 and I
    > > am having problem of sending out fax to other countries
    > which always
    > > give me an error of "Fatal Error", most of the fax that sent
    > out
    > > within my country can be sent out except few have this
    > problems.
    > > I am quite new in the Microsoft Fax, can anybody help?
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
    > > request
    > standards
    > > Topic URL:
    > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-Microsoft-Working-ftopict395154.html
    > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
    > abuse:
    > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1301689

    I am sending some excel file to the microsoft fax service, in the
    microsoft fax console, I can see the fax status as "dialing" , then it
    change the status to "Fatal Error".

    I am located in Malaysia with an area code of 03, when I faxed to the
    fax number of within Malaysia with different area code, it work fine
    most of the time but when I tried to fax to oversea fax number such as
    Singopore or US, it appears this problem, the fax number that I dial
    to Singapore is something like this, 0065XXXXXXXX.
    00-Malaysia Dial Out Code
    65-Singapore Country Code.

    I didn’t set any dialing rules for the The Modem.

    You'll need to examine what dialing rules are required, create those rules,
    then ensure you are sending the faxes in such a way that those rules will be
    invoked:
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/FAQFAX.htm#_Toc88835137

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "VincentGME" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > "" wrote:
    > > State more clearly the Fax program you are using and the
    > > method by which you
    > > are sending the fax, including the format of the fax numbers
    > > and your
    > > dialing rules.
    > > --
    > > Russ Valentine
    > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > "VincentGME" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in
    > > message
    > > > Hi, I am having Microsoft Fax Services installed in
    > > Windows2003 and I
    > > > am having problem of sending out fax to other countries
    > > which always
    > > > give me an error of "Fatal Error", most of the fax that sent
    > > out
    > > > within my country can be sent out except few have this
    > > problems.
    > > > I am quite new in the Microsoft Fax, can anybody help?
    > > > Thanks in advance
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
    > > > request
    > > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
    > > standards
    > > > Topic URL:
    > > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-Microsoft-Working-ftopict395154.html
    > > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
    > > abuse:
    > > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1301689
    >
    > I am sending some excel file to the microsoft fax service, in the
    > microsoft fax console, I can see the fax status as "dialing" , then it
    > change the status to "Fatal Error".
    >
    > I am located in Malaysia with an area code of 03, when I faxed to the
    > fax number of within Malaysia with different area code, it work fine
    > most of the time but when I tried to fax to oversea fax number such as
    > Singopore or US, it appears this problem, the fax number that I dial
    > to Singapore is something like this, 0065XXXXXXXX.
    > 00-Malaysia Dial Out Code
    > 65-Singapore Country Code.
    >
    > I didnâ?Tt set any dialing rules for the The Modem.

    Dear VincentGME,
    I'm having the exect problem but from Israel faxing abroud.
    Did you solve your problem?
    I've tryed with and without the dialing rules
    Thanks
    Izhak

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

    > You'll need to examine what dialing rules are required, create those rules,
    > then ensure you are sending the faxes in such a way that those rules will be
    > invoked:
    > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/FAQFAX.htm#_Toc88835137
    >
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "VincentGME" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > > "" wrote:
    > > > State more clearly the Fax program you are using and the
    > > > method by which you
    > > > are sending the fax, including the format of the fax numbers
    > > > and your
    > > > dialing rules.
    > > > --
    > > > Russ Valentine
    > > > [MVP-Outlook]
    > > > "VincentGME" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in
    > > > message
    > > > Windows2003 and I
    > > > which always
    > > > out
    > > > problems.

    > > > standards
    > > > abuse:
    > >
    > > I am sending some excel file to the microsoft fax service, in the
    > > microsoft fax console, I can see the fax status as "dialing" , then it
    > > change the status to "Fatal Error".
    > >
    > > I am located in Malaysia with an area code of 03, when I faxed to the
    > > fax number of within Malaysia with different area code, it work fine
    > > most of the time but when I tried to fax to oversea fax number such as
    > > Singopore or US, it appears this problem, the fax number that I dial
    > > to Singapore is something like this, 0065XXXXXXXX.
    > > 00-Malaysia Dial Out Code
    > > 65-Singapore Country Code.
    > >
    > > I didnâ?Tt set any dialing rules for the The Modem.

Windows Server 2003 Fax Microsoft Windows XP