Microsoft Fax Not Working

July 13, 2005 2:35:38 AM

Hi, I am having Microsoft Fax Services installed in Windows2003 and I
am having problem of sending out fax to other countries which always
give me an error of "Fatal Error", most of the fax that sent out
within my country can be sent out except few have this problems.
I am quite new in the Microsoft Fax, can anybody help?
Thanks in advance

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-Microsoft-Work...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1301689

More about : microsoft fax working

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:35:39 AM

State more clearly the Fax program you are using and the method by which you
are sending the fax, including the format of the fax numbers and your
dialing rules.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"VincentGME" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am having Microsoft Fax Services installed in Windows2003 and I
> am having problem of sending out fax to other countries which always
> give me an error of "Fatal Error", most of the fax that sent out
> within my country can be sent out except few have this problems.
> I am quite new in the Microsoft Fax, can anybody help?
> Thanks in advance

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-Microsoft-Work...
July 13, 2005 7:35:32 PM

"" wrote:
> State more clearly the Fax program you are using and the
> method by which you
> are sending the fax, including the format of the fax numbers
> and your
> dialing rules.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "VincentGME" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in
> message
> > Hi, I am having Microsoft Fax Services installed in
> Windows2003 and I
> > am having problem of sending out fax to other countries
> which always
> > give me an error of "Fatal Error", most of the fax that sent
> out
> > within my country can be sent out except few have this
> problems.
> > I am quite new in the Microsoft Fax, can anybody help?
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-Microsoft-Work...
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1301689

I am sending some excel file to the microsoft fax service, in the
microsoft fax console, I can see the fax status as "dialing" , then it
change the status to "Fatal Error".

I am located in Malaysia with an area code of 03, when I faxed to the
fax number of within Malaysia with different area code, it work fine
most of the time but when I tried to fax to oversea fax number such as
Singopore or US, it appears this problem, the fax number that I dial
to Singapore is something like this, 0065XXXXXXXX.
00-Malaysia Dial Out Code
65-Singapore Country Code.

I didn’t set any dialing rules for the The Modem.
July 13, 2005 9:05:55 PM

You'll need to examine what dialing rules are required, create those rules,
then ensure you are sending the faxes in such a way that those rules will be
invoked:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/FAQFAX.htm#_Toc88835137

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"VincentGME" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> "" wrote:
> > State more clearly the Fax program you are using and the
> > method by which you
> > are sending the fax, including the format of the fax numbers
> > and your
> > dialing rules.
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "VincentGME" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in
> > message
> > > Hi, I am having Microsoft Fax Services installed in
> > Windows2003 and I
> > > am having problem of sending out fax to other countries
> > which always
> > > give me an error of "Fatal Error", most of the fax that sent
> > out
> > > within my country can be sent out except few have this
> > problems.
> > > I am quite new in the Microsoft Fax, can anybody help?
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > --
> > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > > request
> > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
> > standards
> > > Topic URL:
> > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-Microsoft-Work...
> > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> > abuse:
> > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1301689
>
> I am sending some excel file to the microsoft fax service, in the
> microsoft fax console, I can see the fax status as "dialing" , then it
> change the status to "Fatal Error".
>
> I am located in Malaysia with an area code of 03, when I faxed to the
> fax number of within Malaysia with different area code, it work fine
> most of the time but when I tried to fax to oversea fax number such as
> Singopore or US, it appears this problem, the fax number that I dial
> to Singapore is something like this, 0065XXXXXXXX.
> 00-Malaysia Dial Out Code
> 65-Singapore Country Code.
>
> I didnâ?Tt set any dialing rules for the The Modem.
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 4:25:06 AM

Dear VincentGME,
I'm having the exect problem but from Israel faxing abroud.
Did you solve your problem?
I've tryed with and without the dialing rules
Thanks
Izhak

!