HP officejet 6210 driver compatibility issues

I just purchased the HP O J 6210. I've attempted to install the printer with
the CD, but XP does not recognize the driver, so I went the the HP websight
and installing the software/driver provided doesn't work either. Could
somebody please point me to a driver download for xp professional/HP
officejet 6210. I am no expert by any means, but this is usually not
complicated.
Thanks
Sommer
4 answers Last reply
More about officejet 6210 driver compatibility issues

    HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One Printer/Fax/Scanner/Copier software
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&os=228&product=421991&dlc=en&softwareitem=oj-30616-1

    Note: Please read the software installation instructions.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Sommer Dawn" wrote:

    | I just purchased the HP O J 6210. I've attempted to install the printer with
    | the CD, but XP does not recognize the driver, so I went the the HP websight
    | and installing the software/driver provided doesn't work either. Could
    | somebody please point me to a driver download for xp professional/HP
    | officejet 6210. I am no expert by any means, but this is usually not
    | complicated.
    | Thanks
    | Sommer

    Do not connect printer unit to PC until told to do so when installing
    the software. You may need to uninstall and then reinstall.
    Uninstall & reinstall Printer
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "Sommer Dawn" wrote:

    > I just purchased the HP O J 6210. I've attempted to install the printer with
    > the CD, but XP does not recognize the driver, so I went the the HP websight
    > and installing the software/driver provided doesn't work either. Could
    > somebody please point me to a driver download for xp professional/HP
    > officejet 6210. I am no expert by any means, but this is usually not
    > complicated.
    > Thanks
    > Sommer

    I appreciate the response, but it ended up being an update from the Windows
    websight. Thank you
    Sommer

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One Printer/Fax/Scanner/Copier software
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&os=228&product=421991&dlc=en&softwareitem=oj-30616-1
    >
    > Note: Please read the software installation instructions.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Sommer Dawn" wrote:
    >
    > | I just purchased the HP O J 6210. I've attempted to install the printer with
    > | the CD, but XP does not recognize the driver, so I went the the HP websight
    > | and installing the software/driver provided doesn't work either. Could
    > | somebody please point me to a driver download for xp professional/HP
    > | officejet 6210. I am no expert by any means, but this is usually not
    > | complicated.
    > | Thanks
    > | Sommer

    The instructions pertaining to connecting the usb from the printer to the
    computer until prompted were clear. This was not the issue, but thank you
    for your time.
    Sommer

    "Byte" wrote:

    > Do not connect printer unit to PC until told to do so when installing
    > the software. You may need to uninstall and then reinstall.
    > Uninstall & reinstall Printer
    > http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
    > --
    > Some days you're the windshield,
    > some days you're the bug.
    >

    > "Sommer Dawn" wrote:
    >
    > > I just purchased the HP O J 6210. I've attempted to install the printer with
    > > the CD, but XP does not recognize the driver, so I went the the HP websight
    > > and installing the software/driver provided doesn't work either. Could
    > > somebody please point me to a driver download for xp professional/HP
    > > officejet 6210. I am no expert by any means, but this is usually not
    > > complicated.
    > > Thanks
    > > Sommer

Hewlett Packard Officejet Compatibility Windows XP