HP officejet 6210 driver compatibility issues

I just purchased the HP O J 6210. I've attempted to install the printer with
the CD, but XP does not recognize the driver, so I went the the HP websight
and installing the software/driver provided doesn't work either. Could
somebody please point me to a driver download for xp professional/HP
officejet 6210. I am no expert by any means, but this is usually not
complicated.
Thanks
Sommer

HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One Printer/Fax/Scanner/Copier software
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&os=228&product=421991&dlc=en&softwareitem=oj-30616-1

Note: Please read the software installation instructions.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Sommer Dawn" wrote:

| I just purchased the HP O J 6210. I've attempted to install the printer with
| the CD, but XP does not recognize the driver, so I went the the HP websight
| and installing the software/driver provided doesn't work either. Could
| somebody please point me to a driver download for xp professional/HP
| officejet 6210. I am no expert by any means, but this is usually not
| complicated.
| Thanks
| Sommer

Byte

Do not connect printer unit to PC until told to do so when installing
the software. You may need to uninstall and then reinstall.
Uninstall & reinstall Printer
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Sommer Dawn" wrote:

> I just purchased the HP O J 6210. I've attempted to install the printer with
> the CD, but XP does not recognize the driver, so I went the the HP websight
> and installing the software/driver provided doesn't work either. Could
> somebody please point me to a driver download for xp professional/HP
> officejet 6210. I am no expert by any means, but this is usually not
> complicated.
> Thanks
> Sommer

I appreciate the response, but it ended up being an update from the Windows
websight. Thank you
Sommer

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One Printer/Fax/Scanner/Copier software
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&os=228&product=421991&dlc=en&softwareitem=oj-30616-1
>
> Note: Please read the software installation instructions.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Sommer Dawn" wrote:
>
> | I just purchased the HP O J 6210. I've attempted to install the printer with
> | the CD, but XP does not recognize the driver, so I went the the HP websight
> | and installing the software/driver provided doesn't work either. Could
> | somebody please point me to a driver download for xp professional/HP
> | officejet 6210. I am no expert by any means, but this is usually not
> | complicated.
> | Thanks
> | Sommer

The instructions pertaining to connecting the usb from the printer to the
computer until prompted were clear. This was not the issue, but thank you
for your time.
Sommer