Water Cooling design

spissatus

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2002
I am interested in converting all my cooling fans to water cooling and cooling my hard drives with water so that I can encase them and reduce noise (I want an essentially noiseless computer).

I just read this fairly aged article http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/01q2/010528/index.html .

Essentially I am asking if I can use their idea of using a water block on my P4 2.26 (socket 478). There is a temperature hole that obviously should not be covered, but I don't know if it's a good idea or just foolish.

If that is safe, then I want to do the same for my GeForce4 chip and adhere water blocks to my hard drives with thermal paste that will transfer heat to the block.

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
yeah, just gthrow it on there!!!!

I did my <A HREF="http://www.calvsplace.co.uk" target="_new">water cooling project</A> a while ago, did plan on watercooling chipset/vid card but I've since moved my pc's upstairs and now Im back to fans :(
erm, if u live in uk I might sell my maze2 waterblock and eheim pump

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

Collective_8472

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2002
i myself have a new system on the drawing board. this is the quickest i've ever had a box replaced tho R&D on one takes 6 months for me, my last project, an XP 1800 was comissioned on march 1st 2002, been planning since the previous october :p

my current design dictates:
high-end Athlon (O/C ready)
serial ATA capable mobo (not nessesarily drives)
Radeon 9700 Pro (O/C ready)
Water Cooling throughout

the only catch is: the entire rig has to be 100% portable (LAN rig this is), so i can't have an external radiator, just need a big box (currently have a SX1040 maxed out on drive bays...).

I need help from all you 1337 w/c vets on this board, i'v seen plenty of systems, never built one tho. basically, it has to have a header tank (simplifies things) and a decent sized radiator.

any ideas?

thanx