Anybody out there using non-Verizon voicemail?

Last response: in Network Providers
April 7, 2005 9:00:13 PM

Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the, free
but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're happy
with the results.

Thanks,

-barry

More about : verizon voicemail

April 8, 2005 1:25:01 PM

Barry F Margolius wrote:
> Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the, free
> but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're happy
> with the results.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -barry

You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
limited on VZW voicemail.
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 11:13:03 PM

George <george@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>Barry F Margolius wrote:
>> Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the, free
>> but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're happy
>> with the results.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -barry
>
>You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
>limited on VZW voicemail.

Actually, I posted this query because my earlier post about what I
found lacking got only a scattering of answers, so I thought maybe a
more general question would get more answers.

I need a voicemail system that will send me an email (to my desktop)
when I have a message waiting. I only use my cellphone sporadically,
and I want a more consistant way (than turning on the cellphone) of
telling if I have voicemail waiting.

-barry
April 8, 2005 11:13:04 PM

Barry F Margolius wrote:

> George <george@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
> >Barry F Margolius wrote:
> >> Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the, free
> >> but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're happy
> >> with the results.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> -barry
> >
> >You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
> >limited on VZW voicemail.
>
> Actually, I posted this query because my earlier post about what I
> found lacking got only a scattering of answers, so I thought maybe a
> more general question would get more answers.
>
> I need a voicemail system that will send me an email (to my desktop)
> when I have a message waiting. I only use my cellphone sporadically,
> and I want a more consistant way (than turning on the cellphone) of
> telling if I have voicemail waiting.

If you're willing to spend the money, how about an answering service?

Notan
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 11:13:04 PM

Barry F Margolius wrote:

> George <george@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
> >Barry F Margolius wrote:
> >> Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the, free
> >> but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're happy
> >> with the results.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> -barry
> >
> >You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
> >limited on VZW voicemail.
>
> Actually, I posted this query because my earlier post about what I
> found lacking got only a scattering of answers, so I thought maybe a
> more general question would get more answers.
>
> I need a voicemail system that will send me an email (to my desktop)
> when I have a message waiting. I only use my cellphone sporadically,
> and I want a more consistant way (than turning on the cellphone) of
> telling if I have voicemail waiting.

I don't know how good they are, but a Google search brought up:

http://www.voicenation.com

Among other things, they have e-mail (MP3) notification.

Notan
April 9, 2005 12:48:12 AM

Barry F Margolius wrote:

>>You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
>>limited on VZW voicemail.
>

> Actually, I posted this query because my earlier post about what I
> found lacking got only a scattering of answers, so I thought maybe a
> more general question would get more answers.
>
> I need a voicemail system that will send me an email (to my desktop)
> when I have a message waiting. I only use my cellphone sporadically,
> and I want a more consistant way (than turning on the cellphone) of
> telling if I have voicemail waiting.
>
> -barry

Just out of curiousity why don't you turn your cellphone on? If it is
because of an annoyance factor why not use a quiet or no ringtone and
then maybe a chirping alert for voicemail?
Anonymous
April 9, 2005 10:09:09 PM

"Barry F Margolius" <bfm@pobox.com> wrote in message
> George <george@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
> >Barry F Margolius wrote:
> >> Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the,
free
> >> but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're
happy
> >> with the results.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> -barry
> >
> >You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
> >limited on VZW voicemail.
>
> Actually, I posted this query because my earlier post about what I
> found lacking got only a scattering of answers, so I thought maybe a
> more general question would get more answers.
>
> I need a voicemail system that will send me an email (to my desktop)
> when I have a message waiting. I only use my cellphone
sporadically,
> and I want a more consistant way (than turning on the cellphone) of
> telling if I have voicemail waiting.
>
> -barry

Do you have a dialup modem in you PC? If so set your cell phone to
forward calls to your PC's modem phone number. From there you have a
number of ways to go including some native MS options and 3rd party
phone software. There's lots of stuff for Linux and probably MACs too.
--
Chas. verktyg@aol.spamski.com (Drop spamski to E-mail me)
April 10, 2005 7:30:44 AM

Then get a VoIP service. If you do that, you will get a voicemail dropped in
your inbox and also can have multiple phones ring at the same time (doesn't
matter what number) and a caller-id log sent to your email also. You said
you don't use your cell phone...so dump the cell phone and get VoIP.

!