Anybody out there using non-Verizon voicemail?

Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the, free
but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're happy
with the results.

Thanks,

-barry
7 answers Last reply
More about anybody verizon voicemail

    Barry F Margolius wrote:
    > Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the, free
    > but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're happy
    > with the results.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -barry

    You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
    limited on VZW voicemail.

    George <george@nospam.invalid> wrote:

    >Barry F Margolius wrote:
    >> Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the, free
    >> but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're happy
    >> with the results.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> -barry
    >
    >You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
    >limited on VZW voicemail.

    Actually, I posted this query because my earlier post about what I
    found lacking got only a scattering of answers, so I thought maybe a
    more general question would get more answers.

    I need a voicemail system that will send me an email (to my desktop)
    when I have a message waiting. I only use my cellphone sporadically,
    and I want a more consistant way (than turning on the cellphone) of
    telling if I have voicemail waiting.

    -barry

    Barry F Margolius wrote:

    > George <george@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > >Barry F Margolius wrote:
    > >> Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the, free
    > >> but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're happy
    > >> with the results.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>
    > >> -barry
    > >
    > >You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
    > >limited on VZW voicemail.
    >
    > Actually, I posted this query because my earlier post about what I
    > found lacking got only a scattering of answers, so I thought maybe a
    > more general question would get more answers.
    >
    > I need a voicemail system that will send me an email (to my desktop)
    > when I have a message waiting. I only use my cellphone sporadically,
    > and I want a more consistant way (than turning on the cellphone) of
    > telling if I have voicemail waiting.

    If you're willing to spend the money, how about an answering service?

    Notan

    Barry F Margolius wrote:

    > George <george@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > >Barry F Margolius wrote:
    > >> Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the, free
    > >> but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're happy
    > >> with the results.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>
    > >> -barry
    > >
    > >You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
    > >limited on VZW voicemail.
    >
    > Actually, I posted this query because my earlier post about what I
    > found lacking got only a scattering of answers, so I thought maybe a
    > more general question would get more answers.
    >
    > I need a voicemail system that will send me an email (to my desktop)
    > when I have a message waiting. I only use my cellphone sporadically,
    > and I want a more consistant way (than turning on the cellphone) of
    > telling if I have voicemail waiting.

    I don't know how good they are, but a Google search brought up:

    http://www.voicenation.com

    Among other things, they have e-mail (MP3) notification.

    Notan

    Barry F Margolius wrote:

    >>You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
    >>limited on VZW voicemail.
    >

    > Actually, I posted this query because my earlier post about what I
    > found lacking got only a scattering of answers, so I thought maybe a
    > more general question would get more answers.
    >
    > I need a voicemail system that will send me an email (to my desktop)
    > when I have a message waiting. I only use my cellphone sporadically,
    > and I want a more consistant way (than turning on the cellphone) of
    > telling if I have voicemail waiting.
    >
    > -barry

    Just out of curiousity why don't you turn your cellphone on? If it is
    because of an annoyance factor why not use a quiet or no ringtone and
    then maybe a chirping alert for voicemail?

    "Barry F Margolius" <bfm@pobox.com> wrote in message
    > George <george@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > >Barry F Margolius wrote:
    > >> Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the,
    free
    > >> but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're
    happy
    > >> with the results.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>
    > >> -barry
    > >
    > >You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
    > >limited on VZW voicemail.
    >
    > Actually, I posted this query because my earlier post about what I
    > found lacking got only a scattering of answers, so I thought maybe a
    > more general question would get more answers.
    >
    > I need a voicemail system that will send me an email (to my desktop)
    > when I have a message waiting. I only use my cellphone
    sporadically,
    > and I want a more consistant way (than turning on the cellphone) of
    > telling if I have voicemail waiting.
    >
    > -barry

    Do you have a dialup modem in you PC? If so set your cell phone to
    forward calls to your PC's modem phone number. From there you have a
    number of ways to go including some native MS options and 3rd party
    phone software. There's lots of stuff for Linux and probably MACs too.
    --
    Chas. verktyg@aol.spamski.com (Drop spamski to E-mail me)

    Then get a VoIP service. If you do that, you will get a voicemail dropped in
    your inbox and also can have multiple phones ring at the same time (doesn't
    matter what number) and a caller-id log sent to your email also. You said
    you don't use your cell phone...so dump the cell phone and get VoIP.

    "Barry F Margolius" <bfm@pobox.com> wrote in message
    > George <george@nospam.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>Barry F Margolius wrote:
    >>> Has anybody tried substituting a third party voicemail for the, free
    >>> but limited, Verizon voicemail. I'd love to hear whether you're happy
    >>> with the results.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> -barry
    >>
    >>You may get better answers if you identify what you find lacking or
    >>limited on VZW voicemail.
    >
    > Actually, I posted this query because my earlier post about what I
    > found lacking got only a scattering of answers, so I thought maybe a
    > more general question would get more answers.
    >
    > I need a voicemail system that will send me an email (to my desktop)
    > when I have a message waiting. I only use my cellphone sporadically,
    > and I want a more consistant way (than turning on the cellphone) of
    > telling if I have voicemail waiting.
    >
    > -barry

Verizon Internet Service Providers