Adding shared workgroup printer once for all user accounts

I have a windows (xp2 sp2) workgroup with 4 pc's. PC1 has a printer connected
via USB. I've shared the printer. The other pc's have several user accounts
on each one. Using PC2 as an example. There are 5 user accounts on PC2. I
want to add that printer for all 5 at once without each user having to log on
and go through the steps to Add Printer. Can this be done?

P.S. I JUST saw the previous post. Would this work for a workgroup printer?
The syntax says "printservername\printersharename". Using the example below
would I use "addglobalprinterremotely pc2 pc1\hp7100"?

"kjfrey55" wrote:

> I have a windows (xp2 sp2) workgroup with 4 pc's. PC1 has a printer connected
> via USB. I've shared the printer. The other pc's have several user accounts
> on each one. Using PC2 as an example. There are 5 user accounts on PC2. I
> want to add that printer for all 5 at once without each user having to log on
> and go through the steps to Add Printer. Can this be done?

should work if you can go there via unc

"kjfrey55" <kjfrey55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> P.S. I JUST saw the previous post. Would this work for a workgroup
> printer?
> The syntax says "printservername\printersharename". Using the example
> below
> would I use "addglobalprinterremotely pc2 pc1\hp7100"?
>
> "kjfrey55" wrote:
>
>> I have a windows (xp2 sp2) workgroup with 4 pc's. PC1 has a printer
>> connected
>> via USB. I've shared the printer. The other pc's have several user
>> accounts
>> on each one. Using PC2 as an example. There are 5 user accounts on PC2.
>> want to add that printer for all 5 at once without each user having to
>> log on
>> and go through the steps to Add Printer. Can this be done?

I just tried the Bruce Sanderson article:

Does Bruce Sanderson's article help at all?
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

When I run the command in the dos window, I get an error message:

"Unable to add the per machine printer connection. Access is denied."

1. I have and ID and password that is the same for both machines.
2. I tried mapping a drive on the target machine. This succeeded. Ran the
script again and got the same error message.
3. I tried mapping a drive using the "Connect using a different user name"
function and typed the account name and password for the target machine (even
though it's the same as on the originating computer). This succeeded. Ran
the script again and got the same error message.
4. Closed the dos window and reopened it. Ran the script again and got the
same error message.

Not sure of where to go from here.