windows faxing

July 15, 2005 1:30:02 PM

I use a fax sharing program that utilizes a host machine and clients to send
and receive faxes through a host machine. I didn't have any problems with
windows 98, but I recently installed the host on windows 2000 machine and the
clients on windows xp sp2. I now get a message that states the client was
unable to connect to the host, please be sure an account has been set up on
the host machine using the user name and password of the client machine. I
went into the control panel under users and added the "name" of the computer.
Each "client" machine is not shared, and there is no windows log in name or
password, so under the user tab on the host machine, should the user name and
password be that of the network? Or do I need to set up log in user names
and passwords for each client machine just to log into windows as well as the
network? Is there a way to bypass all that?

More about : windows faxing

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 9:33:15 PM

Why did you think this would have anything to do with Windows XP Fax?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
!