Full Screen

My son has a 19" Sony monitor. In the game there is a big black
section at the bottom of his screen. How does he go full screen and
get the maximum vision for the game?

> My son has a 19" Sony monitor. In the game there is a big black
> section at the bottom of his screen. How does he go full screen and
> get the maximum vision for the game?

Open the Options window (alt+O) and check the Display tab.
I think there's an option that lets you specify the pixel
dimensions of the screen. There's also a button that
toggles whether or not to use the full screen (but the
aspect ratio may be screwy if you haven't also set the
pixel dimensions appropriately). Try fiddling with those
two settings and see if you can get something that looks
right.

It's also possible that he's somehow set the /viewport
dimensions. Try typing /viewport to see whether it
matches the dimensions you've set for the screen.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 56 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 52 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 21 on E. Marr

> Open the Options window (alt+O) and check the Display tab.
> I think there's an option that lets you specify the pixel
> dimensions of the screen. There's also a button that
> toggles whether or not to use the full screen (but the
> aspect ratio may be screwy if you haven't also set the
> pixel dimensions appropriately). Try fiddling with those
> two settings and see if you can get something that looks
> right.
>
> It's also possible that he's somehow set the /viewport
> dimensions. Try typing /viewport to see whether it
> matches the dimensions you've set for the screen.
>
> -- Don.

Or if that doesn't help, hitting Alt+Enter will maximize the screen as well.
Of course, you'll end up seeing really darkly. This can be fixed by going
to the Display options (Alt+O, click on the Display tab) and sliding the
Gamma bar up a wee bit.